Benefits & Compensation Director
- Role Title:
Benefits & Compensation Director
- Job Advert Description
As the Benefits & Compensation Director at Clarks you will devise, develop and implement a strategic plan for health & welfare benefits that aligns with our business strategy and responds to the requirements of the region/markets and supports future organizational business requirements within the regional and global frameworks. You will lead and oversee that the compensation strategy for the America’s region/Group employees within the region aligns with global/organization’s principles and frameworks. Your role also will attract, develop and retain quality employees within budget.
- Ensure that the development of Health & Welfare strategy addresses future requirements at Federal, State and local levels as well as trends
- Develop communication strategies for the Senior Leadership Team to educate them on the total global rewards strategy
- Create, develop and implement a strategic communication plan to advise and enable employees to elect benefits that meet their current and future needs
- Responsible for the overall program development of the Leave of Absence Management Program: Devise, develop and implement policies that align with business objectives and ensure Federal, State and Local compliance. Compliance includes Knowledge of Family & Medical Leave Act (FMLA), Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and state/local Acts/laws i.e.; MA and CA leaves management
- Workers Compensation – Oversee the processes and policies of the worker’s compensation processes which include but are not limited to: Annual Renewal process, claims management, and advising on settlements and strategic plan to reduce future liability. Oversee the management of government required OSHA reporting at state levels and the posting of all required materials at all work locations per state requirements
- Direct and oversee the benefit programs under the Ancillary/ America’s Life Style Benefits. create and communicate policies and guidelines for all plans including: Employee Assistance Program, computer purchase program, tuition reimbursement program, transportation program, etc.
- Directly responsible for managing benefits vendor relationships (approx. 10). Working closely to provide direction on business philosophy and set expectation on deliveries. Current Vendors in US, Canada and Puerto Rico
- Create, develop and implement HR/Health & Welfare systems strategy that is aligned with the organization’s business objectives and provides up to date, accurate benefits information 24 hours a day
- Oversee management of the Defined Contribution Plans, 401(k) US and 10165e Puerto Rico. Provide input into the fund strategy selection process. This includes directing and managing the benefits team in daily administration. Advise and enable employee communications and educational sessions. Accountable for legal compliance to mitigate risks for the company which includes but is not limited to annual non-discrimination testing and required participant notices. Oversee delivery of pertinent information to vendor for annual pension statements. Annual Audits - work directly with outside audit firm to conduct annual audit for 5500 filing.
- Oversee the management of the Defined Benefit Plan – This includes overseeing the team’s daily administration, providing accurate data for participant benefits and all compliance related duties. (5500 filings, required participant notices etc.)
- Act as the “Plan Administrator” for the Defined Benefit and Defined Contribution plans. Analyzing investment options for participants based on benchmark data, contributing to overall plan design and ensuring plans remain compliant
- Work with the global Compensation leads in providing regional information to assist in the development and implementation of remuneration strategies that drive the alignment of all compensation and benefit processes and activities with the business strategy and goals and responds to the requirements of the Regions and Markets
- Responsible for implementing compensation & reward philosophy / policies to align with the organizations business strategic and responds to the requirements of the region
- Continuously review and develop pay, bonus programs and benefit structures and bandings, ensuring they provide equity of compensation, are linked to objective job grading systems, and provide sufficient flexibility to meet the market demands and levels of performance in the region
- Ensure Clarks Americas grading and evaluation processes meet business goals and are applied consistently and fairly
- Responsible for overseeing ongoing benchmarking process and identifying trends to ensure compensation strategy reflects both current and future practices
- Responsible for accurate compensation benchmark information that recognizes internal and external market competitiveness
- Review and develop bands to ensure internal equity as well as benchmarking of markets for external equity
- Bonus Program: Provide regional data to the Global Compensation Team to develop the bonus strategy; ensure program is administered fairly and consistently
- Direct, manage and develop a high performing benefits and compensation team – setting objectives, appraising performance and coaching the team. Manage the benefits team responsible for health & welfare plans and retirement plans for US, Puerto Rico and Canada. (Rest of the Americas)
- Work closely with Payroll and HRIS teams to develop reporting metrics to improve benefits and compensation processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, HR or related field preferred
- PHR & CCP Certificate preferred
- Expertise in Healthcare Benefit Plan Design
- Knowledge of current trends both current and possible future trends for successful benefit administration.
- Knowledge of compliance required for Healthcare administration at federal, state and local governments.
- Understanding the importance of vendor relations for successful benefits administration.
- Global/Regional compensation
- Job Descriptions and grading methodologies
- Pay and benefits band methodologies
- Clear understanding of global/regional organizational design
- HR/IS Benefits Administration Systems
- A minimum of 10 years of strong benefits experience required
- Ability to Direct, manage, and coach a successful team
- Develop and implement benefit programs
- Ability to negotiate contract related to benefit plans
- Ability to manage vendor relationships ongoing and prospective vendors
- Ability to represent Clarks at benefits and compensation organizations
- Support and implementation of compensation processes and initiatives
- Implementation of benefits systems
- Knowledge of ADP products/systems (Enterprise Version 4/POS, Report Writer, Health & Welfare Self Service Portal)
- People Management
- Project Management
- High level problem solving
- Business/strategic planning
- Business case development
Every 60 seconds, 105 pairs of Clarks shoes are sold globally. That makes us a £1.6 billion business and a truly worldwide brand. We now have some 15,000 employees across 75 different countries – everywhere from Europe to the Americas. Despite being the world’s biggest everyday footwear brand (by sales volume), we’re still owned by the Clarks family and based in Street, Somerset, UK– where the Clarks business began. Street is the nerve center of our business, driving growth and the whole Clarks success story. And right now, we’re busy writing the next chapter. With a constant search for new and better ways to work, innovation’s set to play a big part in our future.