Retail Store Allocator
- Role Title:
Retail Store Allocator
- Job Advert Description
Clarks is looking for a Store Allocator for our Accessories product line. This role is responsible for keeping the stores stocked with the right mix of merchandise - ensuring there is the right amount at the right time to achieve or exceed net sales, gross margin and inventory turn objectives. This role performs detailed tasks necessary to execute seasonal merchandise strategies such as store category and style assortment plans, initial stock allocations, in-seaon store stock execution, consolidations, nw stoe assortment distributions, closing-store stock re-distribution,etc.
- Performs historical size analysis to create a size level distribution for quantities being purchased.
- Coordinate the initial assortment distribution for all new store openings and re-distribution of all residual stock for closing stores.
- Responsible for entering and reviewing category and style level assortment plans in MID to ensure stores have an appropriate mix of inventory to achieve their sales plan.
- Responsible for initial allocations of new product and in-season adjustments to stock levels by style and store. This responsibility requires analytical and decision-making skills to determine the optimal store distribution and inventory levels based on sales performance, current stock levels, product life cycle, seasonality, events and promotions, etc.
- Analyze business performance on a weekly basis and presents findings to Senior Management at Weekly Business Review meetings.
- Travel to retail stores and markets within the US to build relationships with field, understand needs of specific markets, identify trends and opportunities for both at once and future buy seasons.
- Complete consolidations and transfers as needed.
- Execute seasonal assortment strategy set by the category management team in allocation tools.
- Distribute initial allocation of product based on plan and/or need of product.
- Determine and execute appropriate replenishment methods to ensure inventory is being used productively.
- Create and maintain all methods, models, attributes, and workflows in allocation tool to ensure strategies are being executed correctly.
- Maintain allocation diary to document allocation process, strategies, and product issues encountered during the season.
- Complete seasonal size analysis that profiles stores based on their total selling and sell through of fringe and width offerings and create/modify store level size curves to support buying and distribution.
- Produce standard daily, weekly, and monthly reports as well as ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Present store distribution strategies to Field Team at their meetings.
- Bachelor's or equivalent degree desired
- Allocations experience necessary for this role
- Strong computer skills - Data warehouse, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word
- Organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and verbal skills