Clarks Americas is seeking an Ecommerce Site Merchandiser to support the fast-growing Digital Direct-to-Consumer channel within the organization. The Site Merchandiser will drive and execute online merchandising activities for Clarks.com for US and Canada, as well as digital marketplaces. This role will be responsible for the following: management of product catalogue (ecomm assortments), on site merchandising strategies, on-site conversion performance.
What You'll Be Doing
- Act as the ecommerce Site merchandiser for Women’s and Kids in the trading on e-commerce direct-to-consumer (DTC) channels for US, Canada and marketplaces
- Leverage site analytics and KPI’s (PDP and PLP conversion) to suggest and implement site updates
- Partner closely with Merchandise and Planning to understand seasonal trends and key investments in order to support sell through on site
- Drive new on-site experiences that optimize the site experience, support conversion and achieve sales goals
- Ensure all product detail page information (PDP) for Women’s and Kids on the seasonal range plan are quality checked prior to styles being published, and problem-solving as needed
- Execute updates to category landing pages (homepage, women’s, kids) as detailed in the trading plan
- Ensure that attribution of products and categories are aligned to optimize consumer experience and maximize product availability on-site
- Closely monitor Product and Category Landing Pages (PLP’s and CLP’s) to ensure key products are featured based on seasonal trade plan and in-season product performance
- Partner with performance marketing and 3rd party product reviews to leverage UGC and increase product review performance.
- Understand the product range in order to effectively monitor category landing pages
- Execute seasonal navigational updates to optimize website conversion and monitor consumer behavior and results
- Identify and suggest further category landing pages in-season for search demand opportunities
- Quality check all on-site experiences for mobile and desktop (banners, buttons, journeys) after making site updates
- Publish and Unpublish products from the seasonal range plan based on new receipts and stock outs
What You'll Bring With You:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Working knowledge of E-commerce
- Basic Microsoft Office skills, especially excel and powerpoint
- Computer/tech-savvy - ability and willingness to learn new IT tools
- Strong Analytical skills with the ability to turn insights into actions
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Desire to learn and grow in eCommerce
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment
- Team player as well as individual contributor
- Strong communication skills
- Incredible attention to detail and is highly organized
- Takes initiative and presents solutions, not problems
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.