The VP, Retail leads and manages the retail channel (FP and Outlet), ensuring that the region delivers the commercial targets and drives profitable growth by developing and delivering a strategic plan. This role is responsible for implementing relevant policies, managing all operations in the retail channel, working closely with teams across the region and in global functions to monitor and deliver performance and provide communication, guidance and training as needed.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Develop and deliver the retail strategy for the region and take ownership over the portfolio of stores in order to deliver an outstanding consumer experience in our shops which focuses on continuous innovation and improvement to the in-store experience.
- Set and achieve retail sales, margin and overhead targets in line with trading plans and profit growth targets to secure delivery of the retail and region plan.
- Create, implement and maintain retail operational policies and procedures to deliver an outstanding consumer experience and a safe and legally compliant store experience, creating efficiencies and reducing non-essential workload.
- Execute the annual trading plans, overseeing delivery of communications and training to stores, aligning with region marketing to deliver a seamless consumer experience.
- Define and deliver the regional inventory with a focus on clearing aged and slow-moving stock.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders internally to ensure effective engagement and support for the overall successful delivery of the outlet strategy and externally with brand partners and landlords to ensure all opportunities are maximised.
- Create the conditions that deliver a highly competent, energetic, engaged and motivated workforce who are committed and aligned to delivery outcomes.
- Work as an integral member of the regional senior leadership team, providing mutual support and challenge, taking cabinet responsibility as required to ensure positive teamwork and clear, joined up communications to all stakeholders.
What You’ll Bring with You:
- BA or equivalent degree required, MBA or equivalent desired.
- Significant experience of leading a retail business and with in-depth operations experience
- Experience of delivering budgets and targets
- Strong stakeholder management skills, influencing and managing complex relationships.
- Broad consumer product experience
- Very good understanding of consumer and product segmentation
- Expert skills and experience managing large teams, attracting, hiring, developing and mentoring strong and talented teams.
- Good knowledge of the markets in the region
- Good understanding of different business operating models – Retail, Franchise, MCR and Wholesale
- Good understanding and knowledge of Brands and the role of product and marketing communication
- Comprehensive understanding of overall business operations
- Strong Leadership skills, ability to influence, challenge, work collaboratively and engage teams at all levels.
- Ability to problem solve and manage conflict situations.
- Good organizational skills
- Good judgment skills
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long-held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, or gender reassignment.