The Channel Marketing Specialist will play a key role in the planning and activation of all wholesale, retail and co-op marketing programs for the Latin America region and support our US retail channel business. Our ideal candidate will elevate the Clarks brand image and drive conversion across the extensive network of business partners and retail locations within both Latin American and the US. The marketing specialist will support and partner with the Director of Channel Marketing to develop and activate an integrated marketing strategy, budgets and lead the day-to-day marketing function in the Latin America region. Latin America market includes wholesale partners in Mexico, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia. The Marketing Specialist will help drive the business through distributor relationships and marketing coordination with partners. Responsible for marketing initiatives, including but not limited to seasonal marketing programs for select accounts, sales incentive programs, branded in-store signage representation, events, budget/cost stewardship and maintenance of all relevant activity & reporting. This role also includes partnering with the existing Retail Marketing Manager to support the overall visual marketing strategy for our Retail channel.
What You’ll be Doing:
- Leads planning, execution, and activation of marketing throughout Latin America.
- In cooperation with the Director of Channel Marketing, develop and activate key account and key regional account plans including monitoring of business goals, budget / expenses, and brand building that drives conversion and are consistent with the brands strategy. Evaluate and optimize marketing programs.
- Build cross-functional relationships with key internal stakeholders in Marketing, Sales, Product, Finance, Ecommerce and Creative. Work closely with Channel Marketing Managers (Wholesale & Retail) and creative studio.
- Build and lead relationships with external business partners and account contacts in order to implement in region marketing executions and support business needs.
- Strong understanding of the wholesale/retail marketplace, co-op marketing and competitor landscape including brick and mortar and digital
- Extremely well organized with the keen sense to adapt to and develop process that drives clarity and results internally and externally.
- Strong analytical and optimization skills
- Manage day-to-day Latin America marketing budget while driving innovation that exceeds program goals. Partner with regional finance teams on a monthly basis to balance the GL.
- Serve as key point person in-region for all day-to-day marketing need within the Latin America Region.
- In partnership with US Retail Marketing Manager and Global Retail Marketing Manager, execute seasonal Visual Marketing plans in US Retail stores that align with the global and regional strategy
- Develop clear and effective Visual Directives and Plan-o-grams for store teams to seamlessly execute merchandising and marketing strategies.
- Deliver creative solutions and innovative, elevated visual storytelling for all key product marketing stories.
- With partnership with Director of Channel Marketing, support new ideas and initiatives to consistently evolve and grow the brand and drive best-in-class experiences for the customer
- Develop and execute seasonal window campaigns to align with global window strategy.
- Partner with Store design and merchandise teams to develop VM concepts for new store concepts and locations.
What You’ll Bring With You:
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred.
- Retail and/or wholesale marketing experience including a field-based role in a retail or franchise environment
- Knowledge of wholesale business, including Retail and Franchise- footwear branch is preferable
- Knowledge of marketing and competition of footwear in Mexico, Peru, Chile, Uruguay, Argentina, Colombia
- Ability to build relationships with a diverse range of Partners
- Needs to build significant knowledge of Clarks’ collections and product
- Working knowledge of marketing creative process and wholesale/retail marketing space.
- Knowledge of analysing expenses versus budget and marketing program results to provide input and recommendations for improvements.
- Sales cycle and processes
- Knowledge of financial aspects of business: margin, profitability
- Strong relationship and communication skills – written and oral; ability to write clear and concise directives
- Ability to prioritize workload – organizational skills
- Ability to think both analytically and creatively
- Ability to influence others cross- departmentally
- Must be able to travel approx. 20% of time
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.