The Associate Human Resources Generalist is here to support business areas by assisting line managers in the delivery of people management processes. Provide a professional administrative service, to employees, line managers and the wider HR team in all transactional aspects of employee lifecycle events. To provide expert and commercially sound advice and guidance on all transactional employee lifecycle events. Support to HR Business Partner.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Work at all times to Company Policies and Procedures and within the administrative function. Work flexibly across the HR department and provide cover and assistance for other HR team as required.
- Provide knowledgeable and commercially balanced guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures to line managers which are in line with Company policy and legislations; ensuring the best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Establish key relationships and work with line managers to ensure effective management of employee lifecycle events; coaching and influencing where required and working to raise line manager capability in managing employee lifecycle events. Escalate situations as appropriate as well as capability themes to the HR Business Partner.
- Establish key relationships between Employees, Managers and Directors to ensure compliance with Company policies, Federal, State and Local regulations and the completion of employees’ personnel records.
- Take instruction from any of the following; HR SVP, HR Business Partners on any required administration to support specific ER cases.
- Provide administrative support for HR team in the delivery of significant organizational projects and one off activities.
- Act as back-up to proactively check and challenge the accuracy of information provided before entering into ADP and SAP
- Serve as back-up for HRSC team and assist with duties as needed.
- Follow up on missing data; help track relevant HR metrics
- Run and provide standard reports as required
- Participate in systems testing and escalate systems and process issues to the HRBPs
- Respond to queries escalated from the HR Service team
- Highlight and escalate any process improvements which would deliver an improved service and/or enable greater efficiency
- Research and provide knowledgeable guidance and advice on HR policies, I-9 issues and new hire procedures to managers which are in line with Company policy and legislation; ensuring that best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Act as a brand ambassador at all times – specifically when working with external providers
- Take responsibility for all necessary documentation and administrative follow up for ER caseload working with the HR Generalists to ensure delivery
- Work at all times to Company Policies and Procedures and within the administrative guidelines. Pro-actively identify opportunities for process improvement and raise accordingly.
- Serve as the back-up for Unemployment process. Work with outside vendor to ensure that all cases are properly coded and responded to. Work with line managers on appeal and hearing. Keep comprehensive database of all unemployment claims and charges. Work with outside vendor to ensure proper billing and support.
- Assist with Immigration cases from state to finish. Work with outside legal counsel to ensure that all cases are handled properly and efficiently. Work with impacted employees to manage expectations and ensure they understand the process. Complete all paperwork, applications and requirements in a timely fashion within deadlines to ensure best chance for Visa approval.
- Act as main resource and company representative to all employees during their employment life cycle. Serve as internal customer service for our employment base. Provide direct one on one check in meetings for corporate employees upon 6 months and one year of hire.
What You'll Bring With You:
- 2+ years of experience working in an HR capacity.
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
- Best practice HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
- Some knowledge of federal, state and local laws preferred
- Knowledge of Unemployment and Immigration processes and laws
- Experience in a distribution environment highly welcomed, preferably in an environment where confidentiality is paramount
- Operated as an HR Assistant, or similar role preferred
- Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, has been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking: a combination of invention and craftsmanship that has remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In the Clarks archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations. From the original Clarks Desert Boot, first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950, to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognizable signature that makes it unmistakably Clarks.
This season, we’re proud to introduce the Clarks Collective: five incredible activists championing authentic social change. From mental health awareness and LGBTQ+ rights to greater racial equality, these trailblazers are committed to creating a brighter future for us all – bringing to life Clarks’ new global campaign, For the World Ahead. Through spotlighting their stories and supporting their chosen charities and initiatives, we’re ready to lead the way. After all, we’re originators, not imitators. It’s who we are, who we’ve always been. And to change the world of tomorrow, we’re doing things differently today.
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.