The Commercial Insights Analyst is responsible for supporting collaborative customer planning relationships by supplying data, reports, and insights that will drive market share growth for Clarks and inform the broader organization of the trends, risks, and opportunities occurring in the business.
This analyst will execute, analyze, and deliver scheduled and ad hoc reporting as determined by the Commercial Insights management and ensure the integrity of all data sources used by the team.
It is imperative that this analyst can synthesize vast amounts of data into simple yet customized reports, charts, and slides that support the strategic initiatives of planning, product, merchandising, sales, marketing, and financial functions.
What You'll Do:
• Under direction of Commercial Insights management, work collaboratively with partners in wholesale sales, merchandising, product, and marketing teams to use data and insights for planning purposes.
• Administer in-season tracking, recapping, analyzing, reporting and communication of weekly sell-through performance, assortment & style performance, channel of trade trends, digital vs store trends, and/or emerging market trends.
• Deliver reports to Clarks in a simple, easy interface that all employees across the company can interpret and use easily. Escalate noticeable themes for risk or opportunity to management.
• Audit 3rd party data sources for accuracy/integrity, work with vendors and retailers to cleanse as needed.
• Work creatively to integrate data from disparate sources into databases, reports, and charts that tell a wholistic story. Approach new and existing reports with an improvement mindset.
• Develop and enhance dashboard style sell through reporting for internal and customer stakeholders.
• Provide data and reports to support strategies set in multi-year customer business plans.
• Use sell through and market analytics to provide input into forecast auditing and end-of-life or transition planning.
• With team, use data to communicate chase opportunities and markdown/cancel liabilities, improving revenue, price, margin, and return metrics.
• Contribute to weekly Wholesale meetings that use insights to drive action inside the organization.
• Subject matter expert for sell through data sources (SPS, retailer portals, etc).
• Use new tools, capabilities, systems and insights as required.
What You'll Bring With You:
• Retail Math
• Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint essential
• Data visualization experience (such as Tableau, Power BI) preferred
• Track record of high achievement
• Ability to analyze and summarize vast sets of data
• Comfortable learning and leveraging new software and portals
• Must possess strong analytical, retail math and communication skills
• Must be able to work independently in a fast-paced environment and serve multiple customers
• Must be able to think creatively to build new reporting solutions and improve existing processes
• BS degree in business or related field
• Minimum 3 years Merchandise Planning or Retail Buying experience or 3 years of experience in wholesale sales handling large accounts