The role of the Product Development Manager is to manage and monitor all phases of product development from concept through sales sample lots and implementation handover.
What You'll Do:
- Act as a liaison between PDA’s and PDM’s.
- Stay up to date with all new “Common” product processes and learnings and communicate them to PDM’s effectively.
- Is involved in smaller product meetings and decision making exercises – local Design Reviews, Line Reviews, etc.
- Work with Designers and Development Engineers on leather development, including determining the colour palette, placing leather orders for prototyping and conducting leather testing.
- Work with Designers on Product specifications, providing input on materials, components, trim etc.
- Work with Development Engineers to conduct tests and support preparation of technical packages
- Uses the corporate calendar to ensure BU Directors, Designers, Development Engineers and junior PDM’s adhere to timelines
- Provide a single point of contact between factories and business unit, tracking all shoes from prototype, samples and production and acting as a liaison for any change requests
- Order and manage delivery of all samples for internal use, tradeshows, sales teams, and key meetings etc; utilise support from PDAs where necessary
- Connect with UK product teams to ensure that all global product is accurately flagged and specified in both PLM and Range Tracker and that timelines are adhered to across both development teams.
- Support trade shows and sales team through tracking samples and providing product information as necessary. Attend material/component trade shows.
- Manage handover to commercial engineering and ensure timely hand-off of all programs, including global adoptions, for implementation
- Review and approve (or reject) shoe and material confirmation standards against specifications
- Review Product cost sheets, analysing information related to product costs and target margins. Relay updates to Business Unit Directors/Finance for weighted margin calculations.
- Respond to information requests from other parts of the business on a daily basis in conjunction with the PDAs
- Provide additional ad hoc support to the business unit where needed
Who You Are:
- Ability to manage people effectively and delegate responsibly
- Knowledge of the product development process and corporate calendar
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment in order to meet changing demands and timeline
- Contribute to a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of working and managing shoe development process
- Experience of working with teams off shore
- Detailed knowledge of Excell, Power Point, Microsoft Office®, E Copy, & Range Tracker
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Proactive and self-motivated
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to manage and motivate a team
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, we.ve been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking; a combination of invention and craftsmanship that’s remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In our archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations.
From the original Desert Boot (first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950) to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognisable signature—a unique combination of craftsmanship and innovation that make it unmistakably ours. We’re a global business operating retail, wholesale, franchise and online channels in over 100 markets worldwide supported by nearly 10,000 employees across the world.
We love hearing from great people
Visit us at clarksjobs.com, follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Just look for @JobsatClarks
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.