In this role, you will create a global Sourcing & Product Development strategy that leads production functions, including product development, sourcing, quality, sustainability and compliance as we continue to revolutionize the shoe making industry. We are a Fashion brand that collaborates with influencers to design of-the-moment through to our original heritage shoes. Customers have a selection of high quality, attainable styles that are to the customers expectation of Clarks brand globally.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and execute a clearly-defined, cohesive, and compelling strategy for the company’s future and ensure that all relevant initiatives are fully integrated into the wider business strategy.
- Put sourcing and product development at the heart of Clarks, providing through leadership, transparency, and opportunities to collaborate, working with the business to both support and educate colleagues around Clarks’ ambitions and opportunities within the function.
- Drive innovation, generating innovative solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, and business models.
- Ensure the CTC Calendar has full adherence and timelines managed, through your leadership and stakeholder management.
- Leading a team of subject matter experts in production, sourcing, and product development to ensure full deliverance of a sustainable quality product.
- Responsible for inventing and implementing process improvements i.e. freight and on time, use of automation, and best practices to support exponential growth and scale.
- You will be responsible for driving our sustainability goals, and pushing the boundaries of innovation to achieve speed-to-launch of high-quality, on-trend product as we scale the business.
- You will demonstrate cross-functional team leadership, working closely with Product Management, Tech, Marketing and Business Development to achieve goals.
- You will deliver and lead strong verbal and written communication, a passion for data-driven decision making, and a desire to lead the footwear industry.
- Lead best practice and all legal compliance at all factories along with any suppliers used.
- Lead a diverse team in the global function, having the right colleagues in the right roles, driving accountability and ownership of their roles.
Who You Are:
- Proven track record as a sourcing product development business leader at senior level within a global brand
- Evidence of developing strategy as well as strong operational credentials with well-rounded capabilities encompassing, product development, sourcing, quality & 3rd party management
- Able to anticipate global changes / threats to supply chain and logistics and enable the team to react accordingly in a fast and effective manner
- Good level of commercial acumen with a broad understanding of other business functions, particularly product and logistics and how they impact the wider business
- Demonstrated project management, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Significant business transformation experience with a proven track record of developing and implementing innovative solutions at an operational, tactical and strategic level
- Extensive track record of leading and delivering a significant portfolio of change within all constraints, able to take ‘tough’ decisions and see the required action through
- An accomplished, credible and respected leader with well-developed communication, influencing and negotiation skills gained in a complex organisation undergoing significant transformation., able to influence and win engagement and support across all levels of the organisation
- An ability to evolve the culture of the team and develop and inspire existing and new team members
- Well organised but with a flexible approach, able to juggle changing priorities and work on concurrent projects
- Strong bias for action, bold thinking, and high tolerance for risk who can also manage and build relationships internally and externally in order to deliver the plan and strategy
- Strong and credible leadership, able to pull people together across different services and systems and motivate them to deliver improved results and achieve challenging goals
- Collaborative working style with a clear and relentless focus on delivering outcomes
- Good understanding of the Clarks operating environment and our strategic intent / objectives
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA & 10+ years of experience in sourcing and production, global logistics and supply chain
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, we.ve been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking; a combination of invention and craftsmanship that’s remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In our archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations.
From the original Desert Boot (first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950) to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognisable signature—a unique combination of craftsmanship and innovation that make it unmistakably ours. We’re a global business operating retail, wholesale, franchise and online channels in over 100 markets worldwide supported by nearly 10,000 employees across the world.
We love hearing from great people
Visit us at clarksjobs.com, follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Just look for @JobsatClarks
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.