District Sales Manager, Midwest
- Role Title:
District Sales Manager, Midwest
- Job Advert Description
The District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for achieving strategic goals across a group of areas & stores by maximizing sales and profits, staffing and training, ensuring financial integrity, inventory control, customer service and marketing initiatives. The DSM is responsible for the career and professional development of their Area Sales Managers and Store Managers as well as their store personnel.
This role is responsible for Wisconsin, Illinois, Ohio, Minnesota, Kentucky, Michigan, and Indiana territory.
What You’ll Do:
- Conducts store visits to ensure effective execution of all strategic plans, high standards of store operation, compliance with company policies and directives and maximization of sales and profits. This position is responsible for the direct supervision of all Store Managers and Sales Associates within the district.
- Meets or exceeds national performance standards and benchmarks for sales, productivity, policy compliance, and directive execution in both “base” store and district.
- Responsible for creating annual sales and expense budgets and monitoring compliance through P&L review, financial control and management of controllable expenses.
- Maintains a positive, optimistic, enriching and motivational management style guided by CCR values and principles. Sets highest personal example of conduct, work ethic and support.
- Responsible for high standards of personnel acquisition, training and development and staff evaluation.
- Monitors daily/weekly sales through Store Control, Productivity Reports, Briefing Books and Sales/Wage information.
- In conjunction with RSM, determines and coordinates area needs with the Area Training Manager and The Area Controls Manager in the execution of their responsibilities.
- Communicates with Merchandisers ensuring constant reviews of individual store merchandise mix and inventory levels. Recommends strategy to maximize sales and margin potential of each store. Reviews and directs strategic product display placement.
- Monitors store receipts, returns, price over-rides, discounts and disbursements. Provides for audits, stock count documentation, deposit verification, P&L review. Confirms store work schedules and wage/hour compliance.
- Manages a region where open-communication and entrepreneurial thought is appreciated and welcomed.
- Communicate all information relative to District operation to the RSM, corporate staff and store personnel in a timely fashion.
Who You Are:
- Relationships are everything! You are able to build relationships with store staff and home office to deliver a superior customer experience to drive sales and profitability. The ability to have a hands-on approach with their teams.
- People are always first. Genuinely engage with others and form positive connections.
- Great customer service. Exceed customer expectations.
- Delivers in full. Loves to drive desired results.
- Collaboration is key!
- Ability to consider, respond and interact appropriately in all situations presented.
- Agile. Ability to change course when desired results are not being met
- Initiative. Identifying what needs to be done and doing it before being asked or before the situation requires
- Proficient in MS Office, able to interpret and act based on reports
- Strong ability to identify, recruit, and retain talent