- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
This role is responsible for assisting the Director of Merchandising in the management of the product throughout its lifecycle, through a clear understanding of our product strategies, offerings and performance, as well as, our competitors trading strategies with ownership of a category.
What You'll Do:
- Play a role of a competitor expert, having a clear understanding of our competitor product, pricing and trading plans.
- Ownership of a category within the business
- Prepares Pre-Season forecasting and account planning using historical data and current trends.
- Deliver product presentations to sales team and accounts
- Manage and update Line Sheets to distribute to the Sales team.
- Daily maintenance of Assortment tools.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships and manage the provision of product information and communication materials to store operations, marketing, planning, and product teams.
- Manage in-season trading performance contributing to monthly meetings and work with Merchandising team to capture lessons learned.
- Works proactively to ensure business objectives are achieved through best possible marketing strategies.
- Request and maintain sample coordination for trade meetings, sales meetings and presentations.
- Set up Showrooms for account meetings.
- Provide support to the Director of Merchandising in the creation of key documents.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years related experience as Product Manager, Buyer or Merchandiser, assistant Buyer.
- Footwear /Apparel experience (preferred)
- Understanding of Visual Merchandising
- Effective team player with strong communication skills.
- Understanding of consumer behaviours and trends
- Strong communications skills
- Presentation skills generally and specifically strong product presentation skills
- Decision making skills
- Excel (pivot and v look ups are essential) and Power Point
- Knowledge of different business operating models – Retail, e-commerce, wholesale (preferred)
- Passion for product