Working as part of our Tier 2 US Service Desk team at our Waltham/Needham (MA) site, you will be responsible for diagnosing and resolving day-to-day hardware and software incidents and carrying out user account, software and hardware related Service Requests that have been triaged by Tier 1.
You will have excellent knowledge of desktop and laptop hardware, printer configuration, user administration, office networking, Microsoft software packages, VOIP telephony, along with cloud and local server data storage.
Based at our Waltham/Needham (MA) site Mon-Fri, you will demonstrate excellent communications skills and time-keeping ability along with a calm, open, methodical, and professional attitude. You will be comfortable taking instruction, as well as being autonomous, pro-active and reliable.
Your role will offer a first-rate customer service experience to our employees and business managers by assisting with their IT requirements and issues, along with supporting our office IT infrastructure needs. Working closely with your Global IT Service Desk colleagues in US, UK and APAC, you will monitor, troubleshoot and resolve Incidents and escalations, along with logging tickets, following/creating documentation and carrying out Service Request and Change Request tasks in accordance with the ITIL framework and our Service Desk processes.
- Investigate, diagnose, and recover from incidents.
- Work from incidents and tasks which have been recorded, classified, and prioritised by the Tier 1 Service Desk.
- Identify and record further incident symptoms and attempt to determine possible causes.
- Adhere to strict IT Security policies and procedures
- Document, apply and test identified solutions or workarounds and perform recovery actions to restore the IT related service.
- Fulfil Service Requests requirements
- Follow appropriate request descriptions and verify that Service Requests fulfil defined criteria and approval.
- Ensure approval has been obtained where required and fulfil requests within their agreed SLA.
- Follow Change Management processes to test and implement planned and authorised Change Request tasks.
- Support the management of Emergency Changes to minimise impact while ensuring process is followed.
- Ensure all requests are controlled and take place securely.
- Close Service Requests tasks, Incidents, Problem Records and Change Request tasks appropriately with relevant closure notes.
- Monitor IT infrastructure while performing regular and scheduled day-to-day operational procedures and tasks reliably and consistently.
- Work with the Service Desk to define and report Problems, including problem classification, linked incidents, categorisation, and prioritisation.
- Investigate and diagnose Problem Records using relevant Subject Matter Experts to assess and analyse root causes.
- As soon as the root causes of problems are identified, create known-error records and an implement appropriate workaround to minimise impact.
- Raise Change Requests via the established Change Management process to resolve known errors.
- Ensure affected stakeholders are aware of the actions taken and the plans developed to prevent future incidents from occurring through timely and effective communications.
- Investigate and address service availability, performance, and capacity issues.
- Provide team feedback for Continual Service Improvement
- Use automation wherever possible to build or improve existing technical capabilities, driving down the rate/volume of BAU
- Contribute to the improvement and evolution of IT-enabled services and Service Delivery through collaboration across the function.
- Align with changing enterprise and technology requirements to provide service progression.
- Respond in a timely manner with effective measures to limit the magnitude of loss from IT-related events.
- Highlight risks identified to colleagues and stakeholders.
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate record of all IT assets required to deliver services and ensure alignment with configuration management and financial management.
- Contribute to the management of Clarks assets by collaborating with CMDB & the Service Desk to ensure that assets are utilised effectively and efficiently, are accounted for, and physically protected.
- Attend regular video meetings and catch-ups with team leaders, stakeholders, and supervisors.
- Communicate effectively with other IT functions to investigate and resolve issues.
- Attendance on-site is required Mon-Fri.
- Active Directory (AD)
- Azure AD
- Drive mappings
- Exchange Server
- InTune Company Portal
- Mobile apps (O365, MFA)
- Mobile Devices (iOS, Android)
- Multi-factor authentication (MFA)
- Office 365 apps and accounts
- Operating Systems (Windows, Mac)
- Print servers
- Printers (local and networked)
- Teams (Meetings, chats, voice calls, video calls)
- Ticket systems (Assyst & AssystNet, similar to ServiceNow)
- VPN connectivity
What you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent knowledge acquired through experience, other qualifications, and training/development.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Excellent customer service skills along with a professional, positive, and calm attitude.
- Highly effective communication skills, and ability to articulate complex issues and concepts to a wide range of recipients both written and verbally.
- Analytical and methodical approach to documentation, processes, problem solving and fault-finding with excellent attention to detail and accuracy of recording information.
- Good understanding of developing trends in IT and related technologies.
- Ability to build, maintain, and utilise relationships with key internal and external stakeholders to achieve optimum business goals.
- Proactive ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work well in a team environment, in-person and online.