Clarks is seeking a Payroll Specialist to come join our team! As the Payroll Specialist you will ensure accurate processing and recording of company payrolls, provide timely and accurate financial information to applicable internal and external partners, and particpate in the daily payroll data entry for 2,000 employees. Additionally, you will provide research, support, and customer service for all aspects of the business, with an emphasis on our Retail population.
What You Will Do:
- Process and key employee changes, such as new hires and terminations for Clarks Americas employees in Payroll/HR system.
- Monitor and update time and attendance system exceptions, accruals and hours.
- Manage ADP Manager Self Service workflow for transactions requiring payroll approval to ensure accurate and timely approvals
- Ensure employee time and imports into Payroll/HR system for pay
- Communicate issues regarding retail system and time and attendance.
- Calculate specific final pay for terminations according to jurisdictional, state, and federal law
- Run weekly reports out of Payroll/HR system, time and attendance system, and financial system to ensure Payroll data is correct in the system.
- Imports files for vacation, annual reviews, etc. for efficient load of large data
- Provide communication to Americas geography employee base of 2,000 employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues.
- Coordinate and process special payments and off-cycle checks with Payroll Manager/Finance.
- Train, support, and provide customer service for all systems affecting pay.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to governmental agencies as required by law.
- Establish proper jurisdictional tax set up for all employees.
- Establish accurate garnishment set up for employees.
Who You Are:
- You have a knowledge of Payroll industry standards and multi-state tax jurisdiction.
- You have 1 - 3 years of payroll experience and knowledge of ADP Enterprise system.
- You have compliance knowledge in legislature and reuglations surrounding payroll wage and hour law.
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office, most importantly Word and Excel.
- You have great communication and customer service skills.
- You are able to problem solve and work as a team.
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, we.ve been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking; a combination of invention and craftsmanship that’s remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In our archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations.
From the original Desert Boot (first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950) to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognisable signature—a unique combination of craftsmanship and innovation that make it unmistakably ours. We’re a global business operating retail, wholesale, franchise and online channels in over 100 markets worldwide supported by nearly 10,000 employees across the world.
We love hearing from great people
Visit us at clarksjobs.com, follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Just look for @JobsatClarks