Clarks is seeking a Product Development Manager to manage and monitor all phases of product development, from concept to physical sample, all the way to production readiness.
- Act as a liaison between Business Unit Director, Design, PDA, Engineering & Off Shore office.
- Assist in product meetings and decision making exercises – local Design Reviews, Line Reviews, etc.
- Support milestone meetings and sales team through tracking samples and providing product information as necessary. Attend material/component trade shows.
- Work with Designers and Development Engineers on leather development, including determining the colour palette, placing leather orders for prototyping and conducting leather testing.
- Work with Designers on Product specifications/BOM, providing input on materials, components, trim etc.
- Use the corporate calendar to ensure BU Directors, Designers, Development Engineers and junior PDM’s adhere to timelines.
- Provide a single point of contact between factories and business unit, tracking all shoes from prototype, samples and production and acting as a liaison for any change requests
- Respond to information requests from other parts of the business on a daily basis in conjunction with the PDAs
- Manage handover to commercial engineering and ensure timely hand-off of all programs, including global adoptions, for implementation
- Review and approve (or reject) shoe and material confirmation standards against specifications
- Review Product cost sheets, analysing information related to product costs and target margins. Relay updates to Business Unit Directors/Finance for weighted margin calculations.
- Provide additional ad hoc support to the business unit where needed
Skills and Experience:
- 2-5 years of experience
- Ability to manage people effectively and delegate responsibly.
- Knowledge of working and managing shoe development processes
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment in order to meet changing demands and timelines.
- Contibute to a team-orientated, collaborative environment.
- Be creative and passionate about Footwear and Fashion.
- Experience in working with teams off-shore.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detailed knolwedge of Microsoft Office® specifically Excel & PowerPoint, PLM & Range Tracker.
Clarks, based in Somerset, England, we.ve been at the forefront of innovative shoemaking since its foundation in 1825, when brothers James and Cyrus Clark made a slipper from sheepskin off-cuts. At the time it was ground-breaking; a combination of invention and craftsmanship that’s remained at the heart of what the brand does now. In our archive of more than 22,000 pairs are shoes that have sparked revolutions and defined generations.
From the original Desert Boot (first designed by Nathan Clark and launched in 1950) to the iconic Wallabee, each design has an instantly recognisable signature—a unique combination of craftsmanship and innovation that make it unmistakably ours. We’re a global business operating retail, wholesale, franchise and online channels in over 100 markets worldwide supported by nearly 10,000 employees across the world.
We love hearing from great people
Visit us at clarksjobs.com, follow us on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. Just look for @JobsatClarks
Clarks International believes that the principle of equality of opportunity is fundamental to the company's operations. Our long held aim is to provide just and fair treatment for all employees. We will not discriminate on the grounds of sex, age, disability, marital status, colour, race, religion, ethnic origin, sexual orientation or gender reassignment.