Oversees the Americas logistics functions. Develops and directs the implementation of warehousing, distribution, inventory management, and related strategies. Establishes logistics policies and sets standards governing the movement of goods/products.
What You'll Do:
- Oversees warehousing and distribution centers globally. Create and develop strategy that will enable growth and flexible solutions to service our multi-channel business.
- Lead the inventory management function of the entire global Clarks organization. This includes achieving targeted turnover of product to maximize cash utilization and adjust inventory needs to support new product goals of the company, and other related activities.
- Aligns strategies or direction with the overall goals of the global Clarks business.
- Establishes logistics policies and sets standards governing the movement of goods.
- Ultimately responsible for global fulfilment, inbound and outbound transportation, and operational transformation to improve the flow of products.
- Measures and evaluates operations with the goal of improving efficiency and reducing costs associated with the logistics function.
- Creates transportation capacity strategies and developing contingency plans to cost-effectively support varying levels of company sales and changes to supply/demand patterns.
- Evaluates, selects, and negotiates contracts with stakeholders/vendors to deliver best in class services and products. Builds and maintains strong relationships with these stakeholders including vendors, factories, carriers of goods, etc.
- Ensures that all steps in supply chain meet regulations, quality, and On Time In Full (OTIF) goals.
- Analyzes and assesses industry and market dynamics on a regular basis to evaluate transportation costs and service trends
- Leads a large organization of people, across all global Clarks Distribution Centers as well as supporting functions, to deliver organizational goals. Builds capabilities of a high performing team.
Who You Are:
o 15+ years of experience in senior leadership roles within the Supply Chain function.
o Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
o Understanding of the cost drivers within the industry
o Experience leading the organization through large scale projects
o A track record of facilitating and driving innovative change, process improvement initiatives, and delivering strategic and tactical business objectives
o Strong communication, collaboration, and stakeholder management skills, with ability to motivate and influence at a senior level.
o Cross-functional capability within Supply chain (S&OP, Logistics, Sourcing) and an ability to present an end-to-end analytical view that considers appropriate business trade-offs in delivering an optimal Customer and Financial response.
o Able to build strong and sustainable relationships with vendors and business partners