HR Generalist, Retail
- Role Title:
HR Generalist, Retail
- Job Advert Description
Under the direction of the Human Resources Business Manager the Human Resources Generalist will drive results for all human resource efforts for assigned store regions/districts. The HRG participates in the development of human resource policies and programs including employee relations, talent management, compliance and other functions. The HR Generalist will provide coaching and counselling to management and employees in order to enhance individual contributions. The HR Generalist will provide HR support to various departments in the organization. It is essential for this individual is able to work independently and make sound HR related decisions.
A bit about the role:
- Provide knowledgeable and commercially balanced guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures to operational line managers which are in line with Company policy and legislation; ensuring that best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Establish key relationships and work with line managers to ensure effective management of employee lifecycle events; coaching and influencing where required and working to raise line manager capability in managing employee lifecycle events. Escalate situations as appropriate as well as capability themes to the HR Director.
- Support the Learning and Organizational Development team and business in the design and delivery of ER and capability training events.
- Responsible for providing transactional level support for the delivery of initiatives, projects and organisational changes. Provide day to day support on disciplinary, grievance and general employee relations matters. Escalate ER issues as applicable to the HR Manager and utilize the wider HR team as necessary. Take responsibility for all necessary documentation and administrative follow up for ER caseload.
- Work with the Employment Lawyer and external advisors in obtaining advice.
- Work with Line managers to pro-actively mitigate unemployment claims, work with outside agency to ensure all current claims are responded to and brought to successful conclusion.
- Pro-actively offer guidance to line managers in controlling employee absence. Work with Workers Compensation to collate and channel any appropriate medical administration consistent with HIPAA. Act as liaison between relevant assigned business areas and HR Compensation and Benefits team. Escalate any complicated situations to the HR Manager.
- Maintain the ER database and utilise systems to effectively support ER activities; tracking and resolving cases to their conclusion within business areas.
- Work at all time to Company Policies and Procedures and within the administrative guidelines. Pro-actively identify opportunities for process improvement and raise accordingly.
- Act as a brand ambassador at all times.
A bit about you:
- Previous experience of working in a Retail environment is essential
- Operated as an HR generalist, or specialist in ER for 3+ years
- Excellent working knowledge of current and forthcoming legislation (employment and others)
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
- PHR certification preferred
- Experience of managing employee relations issues
- Experience of managing people related impacts during organizational change
- Knowledge of best practice HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills required
- Microsoft Office Suite