Human Resources Manager
- Role Title:
Human Resources Manager
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for a HR Manager to join our team!
In this role you will Shape, influence, formulate, and implement people strategies in consultation with function senior management. You will ensure HR processes, policies, and developments are communicated and implemented effectively and efficiently with the highest regard for the values of the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Partner with senior management team members to support their functional strategy development and manage the people implications; creating and executing a People Plan to drive the achievement of functional objectives, incorporating Region People Strategy and promoting desired values and behaviours.
- Implement policies and programs both in conjunction with retail initiatives and with specific locality needs in mind. Ensure all policies are in accordance with the company values and administered correctly by management staff and are in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Create analysis and report to management on statistical data for business area to include turnover, wage studies, performance metrics, and any other data request. Aggregate and review information from the function (e.g. performance management, talent data, manpower plan) providing information to assist in the development of HR initiatives.
- In collaboration with the Learning & Development and Recruitment, develop and administer training programs for business areas for all level of employees. This includes working with corporate training to assist with all corporate wide training initiatives as well as developing programs for specific and/or local needs.
- Responsible for ensuring all employee relation issues, complaints, or concerns are handled thoroughly and quickly to ensure employees are treated fairly and in accordance with all applicable Federal, State, and Local laws.
- Drive and ensure the effectiveness of the Performance Management framework across Retail functions, monitoring the quality of execution and evaluating outcomes.
- Implement talent strategy and workforce planning for assigned business areas. Work with regional Learning & Development team to identify appropriate development activities to build capability, enabling successful implementation of business strategy. Aggregate and review information providing information to SVP of HR to ensure results are represented in regional and global planning.
- Drive and facilitate the succession planning process for assigned business areas, monitoring quality and evaluating outcomes.
- While working with business partners, facilitate process improvements and where necessary drive a change management strategy and approach to deliver best practice.
- Maintain personal knowledge of current and forthcoming legislation, policies, practices and developments in HR, to ensure approach in each business area reflects best practices and ensure legal and statutory requirements are compliant.
Who You Are:
- You love to problem solve, create resolutions, and come up with improvements to current processes. You love to use data to create change within in HR setting.
- A team environment is for you! You love to work across the department and levels
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree and 8+ Years of experience in working with Retail or with a large hourly wage population. A PHR or SHRM certification would be welcomed!
- Do you have multi-state experience? Even Better!
- You believe in great communication, follow up, and being a great partner to the business
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required. You up to date with current and forthcoming legislation impacting employees and employment
- Experience in HR processes i.e. Manpower planning, performance management, succession planning, etc.