- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The Financial Analyst will deliver proactive commercial finance support for business in the Americas, maximizing return and minimizing cost base by providing financial analysis to drive high quality decision making, delivering financial operational and risk management.
- Complete weekly reporting including revenue & margin reports for financial projections and key statistics. This entails working with internal partners to value new orders, actual goods issued, forward order book, in-stock and returns. Includes maintaining historical data and providing best in class commentary outlining results on a weekly basis including risks and opportunities.
- Perform volume build consolidation for sales and margin while collaborating with Sales and Operations. Create and publish monthly volume build statements to sales and partner with each channel to develop budgets and forecasts including any risks & opportunities for US & Latin America.
- Prepare overhead budgets and forecasts partnering with cost center owners and key line item stakeholders.
- Prepare and consolidate report to reconcile financial plans with inventory buy plans & merchandising buy plans for Wholesale, Retail and ECOM to ensure alignment across the business.
- Help to ensure that the US Wholesale financial control environment, as it regards to financial planning and decision support, is fit for purpose. Ensuring any financial control issues are identified and escalated to the appropriate owner for resolution.
- Manage the delivery of robust and accurate financial analysis of operational performance highlighting risks and opportunities, while developing solutions to maximize profitability. Manage and coordinate the financial appraisal of US Wholesale business trends to drive operator action.
- Contribute to the development of the financial acumen of the US Wholesale teams ensuring they have a complete understanding of their financial performance and consequence of decisions taken.
- Manage approval of order discounts and customer allowances.
- Support the US Wholesale business team with ad hoc analysis, as and when required
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, with experience in Wholesale industry a plus
- 4+ years’ experience
- Knowledge of a variety of financial disciplines and processes
- Experience in developing new budget and forecast processes
- Understanding of Wholesale industry metrics and trends
- Commercial understanding of key profit drivers and product profitability
- Experience using complex spreadsheet models and databases
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
- Oracle/SAP and Advanced BO Analyst, SQL/SAP HANA a plus
- Experience of project managing in a cross functional environment
- Knowledge of financial planning and day to day execution
- Experience in adding value to business decision making
- Experience in the management of highly detailed budgets and forecasts