Maintenance - Third Shift
- Role Title:
Maintenance - Third Shift
- Job Advert Description
Be part of a fantastic maintenance team handling the functions of a Crane Error Specialist (CES). The CES is responsible for ensuring the correct product gets to the right customer at the proper time and in excellent condition by reducing downtime for our Automated Storage and Retrieval System cranes. Join this team of specialist who find solutions to errors created by either mechanical or electrical errors encountered by those cranes or related conveyors.
If you have some basic mechanical skills, basic knowledge of electricity, and can meet the requirement of climbing up to 70 feet on the cranes, then this may be the role for you! This would be a great entry level role for someone wanting to get into Maintenance as a career!
- Reducing downtime by finding solutions to all errors generated by the equipment in the ASRS crane area by safely climbing ladders while wearing the appropriate Personal Protection Equipment up to heights of 70 feet.
- Maintain cleanliness of Automated Storage and Retrieval System crane operations areas.
- Clear crane and conveyor jams that require physically removing the jammed product and reinitializing the equipment. Occasionally the Error Specialist will assist Automation Technicians with clearing these jams or minor repairs to the equipment.
- Partner with Automation Technicians to help with mechanical or electrical problems with the ASRS cranes or conveyors that go beyond the scope of this position.
- Document events and solutions that are made to the equipment to build a database of required work and assist in maintaining the reliability of the equipment using portable computer equipment.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Understanding of cause and effect troubleshooting procedures.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of machinery and mechanical systems.
- 1-3 years industrial maintenance experience helpful.
- Previous work with machines or a maintenance background would be a plus.
- Microsoft windows-based operating system.
- Capacity for learning
- Ability to work independently as well as under direction of Maintenance Lead person.
- Communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
- Physical Requirements:
- Must have ability to climb ladders up to 70 feet frequently
- Lifting cases weighing up to 55 pounds repetitively
- Must be able to stand, sit, walk, climb, bend, squat.
- Ability to see, read and comprehend content on system screens (RF units, Computers, Monitors, and Electronic Equipment)