Human Resources Manager
- Role Title:
Human Resources Manager
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for a HR Manager with multi-state experience to join our team!
Strategically work with Retail and Group HR Partners in order to shape, influence, formulate and implement global function people strategies to support business and HR objectives.
What you'll do:
- Provide guidance to Americas Retail by assisting line managers in the delivery of people management processes. Ensure expert and commercially sound advice and guidance on all transactional employee lifecycle events is given, specifically supporting employee relations activity where required. Coach and develop line managers’ capability in people management.
- Provide knowledgeable and commercially balanced guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures to operational line managers which are in line with Company policy and legislation; ensuring that best practice is adhered to at all times.
- Oversee execution of HR projects, initiatives, and organisational changes. Provide day to day support on disciplinary, grievance and general employee relations matters. Escalate ER issues as applicable to the HR Director and utilise the wider HR team as necessary. Take responsibility for all necessary documentation and administrative follow up for ER caseload.
- Collaborate with the Corporate Retail Management team in the design of employee relations and capability training events, and drive the delivery of these programs to respective business areas.
- Pro-actively offer guidance to line managers in controlling employee absence. Work with Workers Compensation to collate and channel any appropriate medical administration consistent with HIPAA. Act as liaison between relevant assigned business areas and HR Compensation and Benefits team. Escalate any complicated situations to the HR Director to seek an appropriate resolution.
- Work with the employment lawyer and external advisors in obtaining legal guidance when necessary.
- Act as an HR subject matter expert (SME) for Americas Region within US Retail Operations; ensure that personal knowledge is maintained and that ownership is taken to ensure processes and activities support the best interests of the subject.
- Work at all times to company policies and procedures and within the administrative guidelines.
- Lead and develop a high performing team of HR Generalist(s) and together act as brand ambassadors, in the best interests of Clarks.
What you'll bring with you:
- Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
- 5+ years’ experience working within a HR generalist team, preferably within a retail environment
- Knowledge of HR compliance and Retail preferred
- Best practice HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
- Current and forthcoming legislation (employment and others) impacting on areas of activity
- HR systems
- Knowledge of learning and development frameworks: performance management, succession planning, training and development programs
- Knowledge of best practices around employee counselling and line manager development
- PHR certification preferred
- Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required