The Creative Lead, Clarks Essentials will lead the creative design and development of all global marketing assets for the Clarks sub-brands of Clarks Cloudsteppers and Clarks Collection and support the delivery of the creative assets to trade and consumer in accordance with the strategy and the brand code.
1. Ensure the quality of creative output of the relevant area of the Brand Creative team, ensuring that all assets are aligned to the brand identity, visual style and tone of voice to ensure the best possible presentation of the brand in front of the consumer and the delivery of the brand strategy.
2. Work with the head of Essentials marketing to develop distinctive and engaging visual identities, visual styles and tone of voice for the sub-brand(s), to ensure that there is a powerful basis for engaging the target consumer.
3. Lead the creative development of all campaigns using brand knowledge, creativity and consumer understanding to deliver industry leading creative outputs that drive cut through with consumers and that deliver a strong ROI from media investments.
4. Oversee the creative development of all digital material, trade, retail marketing, packaging and brochures, balancing the needs of global consumers and distribution channels to meet both Clarks brand and business objectives across all markets.
5. Lead the creative development of distinctive and compelling new sub-brand and product identities to meet the objectives and deliver the brand vision.
6. Support the development and maintenance of a network of world class external creative partners to measure performance against benchmark, ensure best practices and introduce new industry thinking
7. Engage with the effectiveness of relevant assets produced and the brand strategy to drive continuous improvement in terms of connectivity between creative expression and strategic intent.
8. Work with the Head of Brand Creative to promote a strong awareness of the latest thinking and best practice in advertising, design and the development of communication in digital and print, to stimulate and engage the Brand Creative team.
9. Contribute to the improvement of all procedures and processes delivering innovation and improvement to current and future ways of working in line with agreed outcomes.
Skills and Experience:
• Strong creative direction and art direction of a team and 3+ years of experience
• Strong ability to work with others as part of an integrated team to deliver high quality output in a timely manner
• Good supervisory and organisational skills
• Good people management skills
• Good stakeholder management skills with a persuasive and confident approach to creative projects
• Excellent skills in using all key Apple Mac applications
• Ability to incorporate latest cultural, fashion and design trends into creative ideas
• Ability to visualise creative concepts quickly and precisely and present to stakeholders articulately
• Highly competent software skills – including Adobe CS
• Strong graphic design and creative development experience.
• Good level of experience in designing for a consumer brand, including several seasonal cycles of consumer facing marketing material
• Experience of working on numerous design briefs at any one time producing high volume and high quality creative and artwork on time and to brief