The Demand and Fulfilment Planner will be accountable for forecasting sales and managing stock through the end-to-end Supply Chain. Using JDA demand and data analysis, the D&F Planner will produce an accurate demand forecast for Clarks owned points of purchase in the Americas across Retail, Digital and Outlet. Using JDA fulfilment, they will manage the allocation and replenishment of stock from the distribution center, in order to ensure the right product is delivered to the right place at the right time. They will manage all stakeholders and relationships with other functions and regions in the business and be accountable for meeting their team’s key performance indicators, such as forecast accuracy and store size-level availability. They will work closely with the Demand and Fulfilment CoE to share and implement best practices.
• Produce and maintain long term (pre-season) and short term (in-season) forecasts and orchestrate stock allocation and replenishment in JDA Fulfilment
• Accountable for meeting forecast accuracy, POP availability and other KPIs
• Develop and sign off a Forecasting Development Plan with the Demand & Fulfilment Center of Excellence to drive forecast accuracy improvements.
• Accountable as the Demand and Fulfilment systems expert user in the Americas region to roll out and train best practice and process adherence while also ensuring continuous improvement within the team
• Work closely with Merchandise Planning to develop and execute the planning strategy across the region / Business Unit.
• Respond to changes in trade, and ensure forecasts and inventory plans are adjusted accordingly
• Ensure all relevant calculations are transparent and signed off by Merchandise Planning and that all high-level forecast changes have translated into correct store level forecasts and allocations.
• Manage all fulfilment plans and activity, ensuring accurate and timely system updates to drive availability and to deliver stock at the right time to the right place, while achieving OTIF targets.
• Establish relationships and collaborate closely with the Merchandise Planning teams to deliver forecasts that meet commercial requirements, and reach consensus between Demand forecasts and Enterprise Planning
• Collaborate closely with Supply Chain to deliver reporting and insights, for example by providing outbound shipment forecasts to the DC
• Work cross functionally leading the team to ensure stock availability for special events and promos such as Black Friday / Cyber Monday
• Work closely with the COE to drive best practice within the regional team and globally
• Perform ad hoc analysis to understand issues, proactively feedback lessons learnt and best practice improvements to the COE and support the implementation of any changes in ways of working within the team
• Review total forecast exception reports by region and channel and ensure any issues or errors are fixed with any large changes flagged to Fulfilment planning
• Escalate to the COE any process or data integrity issues that require their support to fix and ensure the right priority is given to ensure issues are fixed in a timely manner
Skills and Experience:
• Highly developed numerical, analytical and interpretive skills
• Ability to use analytics tools, e.g. SQL, databases, BI, Excel to perform analysis
• Knowledge of demand forecasting methods and inventory concepts preferred
• Experience with JDA Demand and Fulfilment preferred but not required
• Strong interpersonal/ communication skills with ability to initiate and build strong relationships with key teams across functions
• Good commercial skills and judgement
• Experience and/or good understanding of Retail and Digital
• Can-do attitude and ability to prioritize and deliver in a fast-paced, commercially oriented environment
• Very high attention to detail with ability to spot issues and exceptions when reviewing data