The Director of Digital Operations will be responsible for the smooth operations and functioning of the digital DTC ecosystem for the Americas region, which includes Clarks own websites (USA and Canada) and digital marketplaces across the region. Also, working directly with the VP of digital commerce and closely with the broader digital commerce team, this role will also be a key partner in the ongoing expansions into and development of new digital marketplaces and sub-territories, such as Mexico and Canada.
1. Understands at a business technical level (not an IT level) the key and core functionalities existing within today’s Clarks Americas web platforms and digital partners (such as digital marketplaces).
2. Member of the Digital Leadership Team, helping define a multiyear roadmap of new and/or evolved digital features and functions that will serve to grow the channel and strengthen the omnichannel customer experience.
3. Collaborate with stakeholders within digital and other key functional areas of the Clarks Americas business eCommerce and functions at the regional and WW levels.
4. Develop process and procedures whereby both bugs/defects and small site enhancements are requested, prioritized within global team, and reported out to the team on progress, ensuring the highest priority items are addressed.
5. Partner with Global IT and project management as the key digital business stakeholder on execution of initiatives, including:
Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field. MBA a plus
• 7-10+ years’ experience across one or more of the following types of roles: Website Operations, Digital Project Management, Ecommerce Consultant, or Director of Ecommerce business. Experience in footwear industry preferred
• Be a strategic thinker with excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to understand and make sense of a variety of different data types and input
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and excels at time management
• Maintain a start-up mentality to move the business forward; this means being resourceful, collaborative and a creative solution-seeker
• Work across a diverse group of stakeholders in a range of different departments and roles to drive towards a shared solution / outcome
• Proven leadership and influencing skills
• The ability to define functional requirements, reflecting a deep understanding of how an eCommerce business operates
• Excellent communication skills: ability to clearly articulate to a wide audience the operational dynamics of the business, develop a case for new tools and initiatives, document clear business requirements and project status
• Proficient in Excel, MS Project, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Detail and quality assurance oriented
• Excels in team-oriented environments; works best in a team
• Analytical, results-oriented, and impact minded
• Positive attitude and can-do spirit; likes challenges