Provide leadership and guidance of Americas real estate portfolio through governance of real estate lease contract compliance, development of policies and procedures to accomplish goals of fiscal responsibility, compliance, and management. Influence Americas real estate portfolio decisions through development of strategy and presentation of data-driven recommendations. Direct lease negotiation with Landlords and other external partners.
1. Direct the lease abstraction process, performed by the Lease Administration Specialist(s), which is the summarization of all critical dates, rental obligations, non-financial obligations and other important information into the lease management platform to ensure all economic and non-economic rights, obligations and liabilities are firmly tracked and observed.
2. Develop policies and procedures for the efficient and effective management of lease documentation in alignment with KPIs.
3. Investigate, analyse and interpret complex lease language for fiduciary compliance with lease requirements and acts accordingly to protect Clarks interests
4. Direct lease negotiation with Landlords to ensure the best possible business and legal terms are captured in letter of intent, resultant lease documents, and can be administered within the lease management system.
5. Strict governance and approval of all monthly fixed rent and turnover rent payments; review and approval of miscellaneous invoices, bills and reconciliations related to common area maintenance, real estate taxes, promotional and marketing charges and consumable charges.
6. Identify risks and opportunities within the portfolio, as well as new opportunities for real estate growth in the market, to coordinate a seamless delivery of real estate needs to internal stakeholders.
7. Work closely with Retail, Construction and Facilities management teams to ensure proper alignment and delivery regarding premises turnover conditions, maintenance and repair obligations, co-tenancy compliance analysis, premises remodelling requirements, etc.
Skills and Experience:
• Excellent skills and experience in lease negotiation, management, lease administration and accounting
• Excellent skills and experience in retail industry, either as a retailer or real estate developer (preferably both).
• Excellent ability to lead, direct and motivate direct reports, key internal and external business partners and stakeholders
• Excellent lease management software skills, including the capability to generate and modify reports and readily adapt to business needs
• Excellent skills in delivering high quality work within constrained timelines
• Excellent analytical reasoning skills and ability to communicate well in writing distilling simplicity from complexity
• Excellent ability to generate and cultivate strong business relationships with internal and external business partners and stakeholders
• Collaborative working style with a clear focus on delivering outcomes