- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The purpose of an Operative is to fulfil the daily inbound / picking / value added services / returns / rework / packing / sorting and shipping activities as required to ensure the correct product gets to the correct customer at the correct time and in excellent condition.
- Intake of stock, unloading containers either directly onto the boom conveyor, skids, or offloaded to other areas. Take ownership for identification and rework of non-conformance of cartons ensuring all inbound cartons are compatible with material handling equipment specifications.
- Picking orders following Standard Work Instructions.
- Packing orders following Standard Work Instructions. Ensure accuracy of customer orders by completion of audit process, as well as a VAS (Value Added Service) and resolve inaccuracies identified.
- Decanting/Rework – following Standard Work Instructions.
- Shrink/stretch wrapping, carton packing and labelling. Including visual inspection of the accuracy of the final despatch pack, and correction and escalation of errors to Area Manager or Lead.
- Consolidating and / or sorting orders, ensuring compliance with customer’s packing specifications.
- Dispatching of goods via loading of containers or other third-party carriers. Undertake final quality inspection of goods ready for dispatch.
- Returned goods processing. Including undertaking Inventory cycle count to maintain accuracy of stock records.
- Operation of material handling equipment to OSHA and company acceptable 6S/H&S standard.
- Continuous Improvement – Active engagement in idea generation, root cause analysis, simple problem solving and involvement as a team member in Kaizen events driving waste reduction and sustainable continuous improvement.
To complete any relevant documentation accurately and to a high standard within agreed timelines associated with above tasks.
There is a 40 lb lifting requirement and frequent standing, bending, reaching and walking.