The Director of Channel Sales role is to deliver revenue, sales and profit goals for digital pure plays and marketplaces. To develop a strong Sales Team who understands the needs of the channel and customer while delivering a 360 degree approach to managing and growing the business.
1. Manage assortment planning, account financial planning, marketing planning and tracking performance for existing accounts.
2. Open new accounts, with a focus on digital marketplaces. Contributes to the development of company sales strategy, Escalate ideas for continued development as appropriate as well as noticeable themes for opportunity to the VP of Digital Commerce and SVP of Wholesale.
3. Accountable for planning budgets across account structure to identify opportunities for growth and profit improvement.
4. Working closely with teams across the organization (sales, digital, finance, marketing, etc…) to drive commercial success, price segmentation, and effective inventory planning.
5. Ensure a partnership with our accounts based on being highly involved in the running of each account, identifying the opportunities in the business and the account and developing assortments that match format segmentation and include strategic makeups to drive growth and profit.
6. Work with Customer Planning Team to request insights and account involvement to increase account performance and productivity and collaborate with marketing team to develop specific account strategies that utilize brand direction while tailoring to the account.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• BS degree in business or related field preferred
• Strong financial understanding of digital commerce, goals and budgets
• 5 plus years’ experience in similar role
• Understanding of the footwear market, covered by the America’s region – competitors, trends, distribution; Extensive experience in footwear, ideally digital commerce
• Ability to read, understand, analyse, and take action
• Leadership roles throughout career
• Sales and product knowledge training
• An understanding of Retail &Wholesale metrics and financial acumen OTB account planning
• Ability to direct and manage sales team in assortment planning, & financial planning appropriate to each account profile.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills