The Inventory Lead is responsible to support the Inventory associates as required ensuring all safety and production goals are met or exceeded on a daily basis by providing support, training, and guidance on various operational tasks/programs. Back up Area Managers on all operational tasks as needed/requested.
1. Assist in creating and maintaining safe and positive work environment, adhering to all DOT and OSHA guidelines and proper housekeeping practices
2. Monitor daily Associate activities, assist with ensuring proper levels of staffing, check actual against scheduled distribution and production requirements and alter schedules to meet customer requirements (with Area Manager approval)
3. Assists and follows overall company goals in servicing the customer and meeting all required KPI’s
4. Monitor the flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment to ensure timely shipping of customer order providing leadership and motivation to associates to achieve production related goals.
5. Back-up Area Manager on a shift as business dictates
6. Recommend changes in procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the logistical team
7. Coordinate all training activities and requirements within the guidelines and best practices
8. Ensure associates follow Standard Operating Procedures (SWIs) and adhere to company policies, productivity standards, regulations, DOT and OSHA standards
9. Assist in the daily tasks including, but not limited to, manpower tasking, service flexibility, RF and equipment accountability; maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat clean orderly fashion; loading, unloading, moving, stocking, and staging products and materials using a forklift, reach truck, walkie, or other material handling equipment as required
10. Coordinate and store inventory, conduct regular process quality checks and perform cycle count / inventory reconciliation activities as required/requested
11. Drive and assist in accurately reporting key operational measurements per management and facility parameters; safety, inventory, cost, productivity, efficiency, fulfillment, on-time delivery & quality
12. Visibly support the Inventory operation by spending at least 95% of their time on the floor of the HC.
14. Other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates degree in Logistics, Business Management preferred
• Basic employment/regulatory/safety compliance awareness
• WMS and general logistics operational knowledge
• Automated logistics technology knowledge preferred
• 1-3 years logistics experience.
• 1-3 years leadership experience
• Excellent communications skills
• Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
• Associate/interpersonal relationship building
• Leadership skills
• Good numerical and literacy skills
• Demonstrated Leadership qualities that model Clarks values
• Handling multiple priorities effectively