The Associate HR Generalist supports business areas by assisting line managers in the delivery of people management processes. Provides a professional administrative service, to employees, line managers and the wider HR team in all transactional aspects of employee lifecycle events. Provides expert and commercially sound advice and guidance on all transactional employee lifecycle events.
1. Work flexibly across the HR department and provide cover and assistance for other HR team as required
2. Provide knowledgeable and commercially balanced guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures to line managers which are in line with Company policy and legislations; making recommendations for enhancements, ensuring the best practice is adhered to at all times.
3. Establish key relationships and work with line managers and employees to ensure effective management of employee lifecycle events; coaching and influencing where required and working to raise line manager capability in managing employee lifecycle events. Escalate situations as appropriate as well as capability themes to the HR Business Partner.
4. Take instruction from HR Business Partners on any required administration to support specific ER cases, benefit or leave issues, and any other People related process. Provide administrative support for HR team in the delivery of significant organizational projects and one-off activities, administrative follow up for ER caseload, or other general support to the team as needed.
5. Ensure proper documentation is filed, following up on missing data; help track relevant HR metrics running reports as required.
6. Administer recruitment activities within the Logistics Center including maintaining relationships with external vendors.
7. Act as a brand ambassador at all times – specifically when working with external providers
8. Serve as the custodian of record for Unemployment process within the local LC. Work with outside vendor to ensure that all cases are properly coded and responded to. Work with line managers on appeal and hearing. Keep comprehensive database of all unemployment claims and charges.
9. Act as main resource and company representative to all LC employees during their employment life cycle from recruitment and onboarding through major life events up to employment separation. Serve as internal customer service for our employment base. Provide direct one on one check in meetings for employees upon 6 months and one year of hire
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
• Some knowledge of federal, state and local laws preferred
• Ability to take initiative, follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
• Team player, goal-oriented
• Excellent organizational and time management skills required
• Excellent communicator (verbal, written, non-verbal) • Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
• Experience in an office environment highly welcomed, preferably in an environment where confidentiality is paramount
• Best practice HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
• Experience with HR business processes and systems
• Operated as an HR Assistant, or similar role preferred
• Worked within an HR environment
• Knowledge of Unemployment and Immigration processes and laws