- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The role of the Payroll Specialist will be to ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, participate in daily data entry Payroll processing for 4000+ employees; Process Weekly payroll for United States, Puerto Rico, as well as local Group function employees. Process bi-weekly payroll for Canada. Process monthly payrolls for exempt employees. Enter timesheets, changes, and approvals. Provide research, support and customer service for all aspects of the business with emphasis on Retail.
- Process and key employee changes, new hires, terminations for Clarks Americas employees in Payroll/HR system which includes multiple states in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, as well as local Group function employees for 5 separate pay groups.
- Monitor and audit time and attendance system.
- Manage Manager Self Service workflow in portal for field transactions requiring payroll approval to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure employee time and imports into Payroll/HR system for pay. Communicate issues in regards to retail system and time and attendance.
- Ensures vacation is paid out accurately and timely in accordance with policy.
- Run weekly reports out of Payroll/HR system, time and attendance system, and financial system. Import files for vacation, annual reviews, Rapid Pay, etc. for efficient load of large data.
- Provide communication to whole Americas employee base of 2,000+ employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues.
- Coordinate and process special payments and off-cycle checks with Payroll Manager and Finance. Train, support, and provides customer service for all systems affecting pay.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to governmental agencies as required by law.
- Establish proper jurisdictional tax set up for all employees.
- Establish accurate garnishment set up for employees.
- Monitor intercompany IT ticket application and clear out payroll tickets assigned for new hire and terminations on a daily basis.
- Calculate specific final pay for terminations according to jurisdictional, state, and federal law.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- High School Diploma required Knowledge of the payroll process and ADP Enterprise system.
- Payroll industry standards
- Multi-state tax knowledge Compliance knowledge in legislature and regulations surrounding payroll wage and hour law
- 1-3 years of payroll experience required MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Solid communication both phone and written
- Problem solve Ability to work as a team