The Territory Manager for Clarks will be able to maximize existing business while opening new accounts, developing business plans, as well as expanding and maintaining excellent customer relationships. The TM will also work closely with Sales and Marketing to increase sales revenue with independent retailers throughout their territory.
- Responsible for the development of company sales strategy for independent accounts
- Escalate ideas for continued development as appropriate as well as noticeable themes for opportunity to the VP of Sales – Independent Accounts.
- Responsible for planning budgets for independent accounts to identify opportunities for growth and profit improvement
- Setting up each independent account in an organized process and managing the business in a way that allows greater efficiency and effectiveness
- Broadens the customer base within the region through effective rapport building with existing and established key customers and distributors
- Provide accurate sales forecast to ensure availability of product that match’s the account product assortment needs and quantities and the account profits to budget.
- Maximize the use of advertising and promotional programs with each account, keeping consistent with Clarks Sales and Marketing initiatives
- Provide prompt, efficient handling of account inquiries and issues
- Provide the account with a strategy and in partnership management throughout the season to deliver to both the account and Clarks goals
- Deliver the right product to each customer based on the account consumer profile by guiding the sales team in inventory planning to maximize key items and balance assortments that match our brand image
- Ensure a partnership with independent account vendors based on being highly involved in the running of each account, knowing the opportunities in the business and the account and segregating product to allow for account exclusives and assortments that are unique to each account type
• BS degree in business or related field preferred.
• Extensive product knowledge and competitive analysis required of all Clarks product.
• 5 to 7 years’ experience in similar or commensurate role, in retail or outside sales
• Experience from the footwear/fashion or related industry an asset.
• Flexibility and planning for overnight and weekly travel, including occasional weekends is essential
• Aptitude in basic computer functions (Word, Excel)
• Proficiency in basic math; Financial Acumen
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Demonstrate effective time management and problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently and with limited supervision