The Operative Trainer is the primary trainer for associates on operational functions including inbound / picking / VAS / returns / packing / sorting and shipping activities utilizing Standard Work Instructions (SWI) and Standard Operational Procedures (SOP). Fulfil these operational functions when required to ensure the correct product gets to the correct customer at the correct time and in excellent condition. Provide continuous improvement support to the operational areas in creating and maintaining SWIs, SOPs, Kaizens, and assist with other CI efforts when required.
1. Conduct training on all aspects of operational functions to new hires in a manner that creates a positive training experience for everyone involved.
2. Follow Standard Work Instructions and Standard Operational Procedures during training
3. Fulfil operative functions as required based on business need ensuring all SWI/SOP are followed.
4. Active engagement continuous improvement - in the creation and maintenance of SWI/SOPs, idea generation, root cause analysis, simple problem solving and involvement as a team member in Kaizen events driving waste reduction and sustainable continuous improvement.
5. Ensure SWI/SOP is accurate, complete, and timely. Ensure changes are called out, corrected, and shared/re-trained as required. Trainer is seen as a true partner of CI, helping where and when needed and promoting a CI culture in their training and functional tasks.
6. Maintain all performance expectations that are established for each individual area.
7. To complete any relevant documentation accurately and to a high standard within agreed timelines associated with above tasks.
8. To carry out any other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• HSD (or GED) required
• 2 – 4 years in a logistics environment
• Experience with RF units, conveyance systems, and other warehouse equipment
• Full knowledge of logistics operations (product flow) in each of the Operational areas required
• General knowledge of basic computer systems (touch control) helpful
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• General numeracy skills
• Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)