The Operations Lead is responsible to support the Area Managers and Hanover Center associates as required ensuring all safety and production goals are met or exceeded on a daily basis by providing support, training, and guidance on various operational tasks/programs. Back up Area Managers on all operational tasks as needed/requested.
1. Assist in creating and maintaining safe and positive work environment, adhering to all DOT and OSHA guidelines and proper housekeeping practices
2. Monitor daily Associate activities, assist with ensuring proper levels of staffing, check actual against scheduled distribution and production requirements and alter schedules to meet customer requirements (with Area Manager approval)
3. Assists and follows overall company goals in servicing the customer and meeting all required KPI’s
4. Monitor the flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment to ensure timely shipping of customer order providing leadership and motivation to associates to achieve production related goals.
5. Assist in orderly handling of product, picking, packing, VAS, staging, and loading of outbound product (including small parcel and exports) as required
6. Back-up Area Manager on a shift as business dictates
7. Recommend changes in procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the logistical team
8. Coordinate all training activities and requirements within the guidelines and best practices
9. Ensure associates follow Standard Operating Procedures (SWIs) and adhere to company policies, productivity standards, regulations, DOT and OSHA standards
10. Assist in the daily tasks including, but not limited to, manpower tasking, service flexibility, RF and equipment accountability; maintain the facilities equipment and materials in a neat clean orderly fashion; loading, unloading, moving, stocking, and staging products and materials using a forklift, reach truck, walkie, or other material handling equipment as required
11. Coordinate and store inventory, conduct regular process quality checks and perform cycle count / inventory reconciliation activities as required/requested
12. Drive and assist in accurately reporting key operational measurements per management and facility parameters; safety, inventory, cost, productivity, efficiency, fulfillment, on-time delivery & quality
13. Visibly support area managers and operatives by spending at least 95% of their time on the floor of the HC.
14. Other duties as assigned.
1. Teams are operating in a safe and positive work environment, adhering to all DOT and OSHA guidelines and proper housekeeping practices
2. Associates are fulfilling required functions at the appropriate production levels based on business needs.
3. Meets all required KPI’s
4. Work flow maximized all available capacity; staff is allocated and utilized in an effective manner; all tools and equipment are used in a manner that ensures timely shipping of customer orders; associates are provided with guidance and feel engaged/motivated to achieve production related goals.
5. Orderly handling of product, picking, packing, VAS, staging, and loading of outbound product (including small parcel and exports) takes place as required
6. Operations Area Manager is supported and backed up as needed.
7. Actively taking part in recommending changes in procedures or improvements to processes positively affecting the operating efficiency of the logistical team
8. Associates are trained and provided with appropriate guidance, coaching and tools to achieve all required work goals and KPIs.
9. SWIs are completed for all operational functions. Associates adhere to those standard work instructions, company policies, productivity standards, regulations, DOT and OSHA standards
10. Department/area is maintained in a neat and orderly fashion including equipment, materials, and product; Associates are rotating as required to various functions ensuring production goals are met in a safe and compliant manner.
11. Inventory and cycle counts are managed as required and result in accurate counts.
12. As needed, reports are provided which are accurate and timely regarding safety, inventory, cost, productivity, efficiency, fulfillment, on-time delivery & quality.
13. Presence on the floor ensures teams are supported.
14. Other duties are carried out in a satisfactory manner as assigned.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Associates degree in Logistics, Business Management preferred
• HC processes and procedure knowledge preferred
• Basic employment/regulatory/safety compliance awareness
• WMS and general logistics operational knowledge
• Automated logistics technology knowledge preferred
• 1-3 years logistics experience.
• 1-3 years leadership experience
• Excellent communications skills
• Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge
• Associate/interpersonal relationship building
• Leadership skills
• Good numerical and literacy skills
• Demonstrated Leadership qualities that model Clarks values
• Handling multiple priorities effectively
• High performance leader