- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The Payroll Manager will ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll and provide timely and accurate financial information; oversee payroll transactions for 2000 exempt and non-exempt employees’ pay in United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada; oversee daily transactions for all payroll related activities; contribute to setting payroll strategies for systems and process improvements; partner with the business by researching, supporting, and providing full customer service for all payroll related aspects of the business; and act as a point of escalation for the payroll team.
- Provide advice, support and mentorship to a team of Payroll Specialists.
- Responsible for the accurate processes of Clarks Americas employees in Payroll/HR system which includes over 40 states in the United States, Puerto Rico, and Canada.
- Act as back up for imports time worked and PTO into eTime and Payroll/HR system for pay.
- Communicate hours and commission issues to Retail field as they occur in time and attendance system and escalate to Retail Operations as necessary.
- Responsible for reconciling all 6 payrolls at a per person and company level to ensure accuracy in pay.
- Ensure vacation is paid out accurately and timely in accordance with laws and Clarks policy.
- Back up to team to run weekly reports out of Payroll/HR system, time and attendance system, and financial system.
- Imports files for vacation, annual reviews, etc. as a most efficient method of loading large data
- Provides communication to Americas employee base of 2000 employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues.
- Oversees, coordinates and processes special payments and off-cycle checks.
- Train, support, and provide customer service for time and attendance, payroll, Self Service, Manager Self Service, and any system affecting pay.
- Responsible for managing monthly/quarterly/annual reporting to governmental agencies as required by law.
- Manage all internal and external audits.
- Establish proper jurisdictional tax set up for all employees.
- Oversee and establish accurate garnishment set up for employees.
- Oversee the calculation of specific final pay for terminations according to jurisdictional, state, and federal law and minimum wage.
- Responsible for all year end processing and reporting. Ensuring all employees receive accurate W-2’s and T-4s as required by law.
- Serve as a main point of contact to note trending issues and raise them up to appropriate HR Business Partners.
- Closely liaise with HR Business Partners and teams across HR on payroll related matters.
- Responsible for accurate quarter closings and year end closing in coordination with any necessary tax amendments.
Skills Knowledge and Experience:
- 5 years minimum of payroll management experience in a multi-state environment is required
- Experiencing of managing a payroll team
- Advanced knowledge of payroll process and ADP
- Payroll industry standards knowledge
- Compliance knowledge in legislature and regulations surrounding payroll wage and hour law
- Experience managing and leading a team
- Multi-state tax knowledge
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Prior payroll system experience required – ADP
- ADP report writing experience
- Highly detailed, organized and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced collaborative environment
- Solid phone and written communication skills; excellent customer service skills