The Continuous Improvement (CI) Coordinator is responsible for leading and/or assisting with CI projects and events, this role will champion the CI efforts, collaborating with other CI Team members to ensure the greatest results within the CI program. Identify opportunities for eliminating waste and support in the delivery of improvements within our Safety, People, Service, Process Efficiency, and Cost initiatives.
1. Train and/or assist with training of individuals and teams in CI tools and processes.
2. Model behaviors that will motivate others to support an ongoing CI culture.
3. Lead and/or support all aspects of CI efforts/projects in effort to deliver the maximum possible benefit using Plan Do Check Act methodology.
4. Lead and/or assist with the analysis of process flows, cycle times, and efficiencies, reporting on issues needing flagged for further opportunities.
5. Ensure departmental Objective Key Results (OKRs) are implemented and used to identify opportunities for CI.
6. Partner with CI team to develop and oversee the yearly CI training agenda.
7. Engage in all areas and other duties as needed with a CI mindset and culture.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• HSD (or GED) required
• 2 – 4 years in a logistics and/or LEAN continuous improvement environment
• Experience with CI tools and terminology (6S, TIMWOODS, Process Flows, lead time)
• Full knowledge of Voice of Customer internal/external flows required
• Excellent oral, written and public speaking communication skills
• General numeracy skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Willing to develop and maintain relationships with both internal and external customers within the organization and third parties is a must. Must be willing to facilitate events and maintain a neutral position to support our continual growth in all processes within our organization.