1. The ability to operate equipment in a safe manner while performing daily operational task
2. Stay current with all equipment and safety training courses. Complete daily pre- inspection of equipment and report any damages and malfunctions to Area Manager.
3. Equipment Operator are responsible for ensuring the proficient and safe use of the equipment in lifting, moving, and packing of merchandise
4. Operation of material handling equipment to OSHA and company acceptable 6S standard. Build, pick, and pack pallets for shipments.
5. Perform daily inspections on all equipment before use, to include question survey before operating is allowed.
6. Performance Expectations - as established for each department area.
7. To complete any relevant documentation accurately and to a high standard within agreed timelines associated with above tasks.
8. Other duties are completed successfully and timely based on their own individual parameters.
• HSD (or GED) required
• Basic knowledge of logistics operations (product flow) preferred
• General knowledge of basic computer systems (touch control) helpful
• Knowledge of standard Powered Industrial Equipment operation required
• Knowledge of OSHA and general safety requirements for Powered Industrial Equipment preferred
• General numeracy skills
• Basic computer functionality
• Ability to pull/pick product from cartons including scanning and placing them into another carton (requires turning, bending, reaching, grasping)
• Ability to pack, wrap, band, and label product/cartons including turning to collect air pillows, labels and other supplies/materials (requires turning, bending, reaching, stooping)
• Ability to clear and stage product lifting up to 40 lbs, moving/lifting skids, lifting and moving, stacking, loading cartons with or without the use of a hand jack. (requires lifting at waist level, lifting at ground level, lifting at over the shoulder level; bending, stooping, grasping)
• Ability to see, read, and comprehend content on labels and shipping paperwork.
• Ability to see, read and comprehend content on system screens (RF units, Computers, Monitors, and Electronic Equipment)
• Ability to use stand up, sit down, floor level and/or high lift equipment.
• Ability to work at heights up to 72’
• 3 years in a logistics environment
• 1-3 years Powered Industrial Equipment Experience
• Experience with RF units, conveyance systems, and other warehouse equipment