1. Intake of stock, unloading containers either directly onto the boom conveyor, skids, or offloaded to other areas. Take ownership for identification and rework of non-conformance of cartons ensuring all inbound cartons are compatible with material handling equipment specifications.
2. Picking orders following Standard Work Instructions.
3. Packing orders following Standard Work Instructions. Ensure accuracy of customer orders by completion of audit process, and resolve inaccuracies identified.
4. Decanting/Rework – following Standard Work Instructions.
5. Value Added Service (VAS) – Ensuring customers specific packing requirements are undertaken in line with agreed standards.
6. Shrink/stretch wrapping, carton packing and labelling. Including visual inspection of the accuracy of the final despatch pack, and correction and escalation of errors to Area Manager or Lead.
7. Consolidating and / or sorting orders, ensuring compliance with customer’s specific packing specifications.
8. Dispatching of goods via loading of containers or other third party carriers. Undertake final quality inspection of goods ready for dispatch.
9. Returned goods processing. Including undertaking Inventory cycle count to maintain accuracy of stock records.
10. Operation of material handling equipment to OSHA and company acceptable 5S/H&S standard.
11. Continuous Improvement – Active engagement in idea generation, root cause analysis, simple problem solving and involvement as a team member in Kaizen events driving waste reduction and sustainable continuous improvement.
12. Performance Expectations – as established for each individual area.
13. To complete any relevant documentation accurately and to a high standard within agreed timelines associated with above tasks.
14. To carry out any other duties as assigned.
• HSD (or GED) required
• Basic knowledge of logistics operations (product flow) preferred
• General knowledge of basic computer systems (touch control) helpful
• Ability to walk/stand continuously
• Ability to pull/pick product from cartons including scanning and placing them into another carton (requires turning, bending, reaching, grasping)
• Ability to pack, wrap, band, and label product/cartons including turning to collect air pillows, labels and other supplies/materials (requires turning, bending, reaching, stooping)
• Ability to clear and stage product lifting up to 40 lbs, moving/lifting skids, lifting and moving, stacking, loading cartons with or without the use of a hand jack. (requires lifting at waist level, lifting at ground level, lifting at over the shoulder level; bending, stooping, grasping)
• Ability to see, read, and comprehend content on labels and shipping paperwork.
• Ability to see, read and comprehend content on system screens (RF units, Computers, Monitors, and Electronic Equipment)
• 1 – 3 years in a logistics environment
• Experience with RF units, conveyance systems, and other warehouse equipment