- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for an HR Specialist to join our HR Team at Clarks! As the HR Specialist you will support both the recruitment team and the Learning & Development team with administrative needs and projects. Recruitment support will include working with our recruiter on candidate outreach, scheduling, onboarding and sourcing initiatives. L&D support will include managing our LMS (Clarks University), classroom administration and other ad-hoc projects to support the business.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in starting a career out in HR and getting exposure into the recruitment and L&D functions. In this role, you will see a full view of the employee lifecycle from attraction through retention and will be responsible for providing the best employee experience possible at Clarks!
- Coordinate and schedule onsite interviews, meet and greet candidates when they arrive
- Post open roles on Clarks.com careers page and LinkedIn Recruiter
- Perform full cycle recruiting and sourcing for select entry-level roles such as customer service, temporary positions, coordinator/assistant level roles
- Assist with semi-annual recruiting cycle for co-ops and internship programs which includes gathering all openings from managers, sourcing candidates from target schools, performing phone screenings, and completing the hiring and on-boarding process
- Attend internship/career fairs at target schools with the goal of attracting the best candidates and representing Clarks in a positive way. Create networking connections with students who may fit future employment opportunities at Clarks.
- Participate in planning intern programs and activities. Assist with monitoring program’s effectiveness.
- Submit background checks for new hires to be reviewed by HR Generalists.
- Conduct reference checks via phone to verify candidates’ qualifications and past performance.
- Mail welcome packets to newly hired employees in preparation for the first day
- Track and monitor current temporary employees for hours worked and active status and send out periodic updates to HR business partners.
- Work closely with the Talent Acquisition and the wider HR team on ad-hoc recruiting projects
- Assist with various onboarding activities including but not limited to planning for first day of employment with various departments and gathering appropriate new hire documents.
Learning & Development:
- Maintain Clarks University portal for: access licenses (password resets, deactivating leavers, creating new accounts, group organization), set up and maintain courses, and monitor enrolment
- Contribute to Clarks University communications such as e-mail course announcements, answering and triaging incoming e-mails, creating and maintaining course templates, and creating course appointments in Outlook
- Assist with Insights program administration such as sending email communication and generating reports.
- Assist with Leading in Clarks program administration such as ordering course materials, survey administration (set up links, track completion, email communication of reminders, etc.), FIRO administration, booking conference room, and other logistics
- Assist with internal trainer administration (lunch and learns, speaker series, etc.) by working on logistics (scheduling, room set up, etc.)
- Draft L&D training documents such as process guides for how to do administrative tasks
- Making Clarks University more efficient (i.e., organizing groups, coming up with new ways to display classes, etc.)
- Design L&D presentations that turn ideas into work that can be presented
- Liaise with Business SMEs (Subject Matter Experts) to administer business speaker series (Power of an Hour), by planning logistics.
- BA/BS degree in related field preferred
- 0-2 years of experience in either HR, recruitment, L&D or administrative support function
- Proficiency with Microsoft products – including Outlook
- Learning Management System (LMS) experience preferred but not required
- Must be extremely organized, have great attention to detail and able to prioritize tasks in fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential employee information
- Has an interest in HR, recruitment or learning & development
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Works well in a team environment, collaboratively