VP, Consumer Marketing
- Role Title:
VP, Consumer Marketing
- Job Advert Description
The VP of Consumer Marketing will be responsible for building and bringing the Clarks brand to life in the Americas region through the development and implimintation of strategic and consumer focused marketing, aligned to regional and global priorities.
- Accountable for embedding brand positioning, personality, identity, capabilities, consumer and integrated marketing communications, from the brand framework into the region.
- Accountable for the development and implementation of regional consumer marketing plans, consistent with global brand objectives
- Accountable for ensuring all regional consumer communication plans, inclusive of media, public relations, social, events & engagement connect with consumer and align with global/regional strategies and KPIs.
- Serve as point for Global Brand Marketing and Regional Cross Functional Teams for all consumer and seasonal key product initiatives.
- Partner with Global and Regional Merchandising on key seasonal initiative timing and flow that is relevant to the consumer and market needs.
- Ensure clear consumer journey across all distribution points (Direct to Consumer channels and Wholesale) with all key initiatives.
- Develop and manage annual brand marketing budget for Americas partnering with VP, Americas Marketing and Finance team.
- Develop a high-performing regional consumer marketing function consisting of several teams including a balance of internal and external resources that perform as a cohesive team. Maintain a strong level of engagement within a diverse organization of highly specialized skills. Accountable for overall performance of the teams. Oversee responsibilities of the teams, providing feedback and coaching.
- Specific to Originals and Clarks product extensions (Unstructured, Cloudsteppers, etc), play a key company/cross channel leadership role across the entire organization to foster the growth needed in the these regional businesses. Partner with Global Marketing team to help drive the marketing direction of the extensions as it relates to the US business.
- Manage the execution/implementation of the seasonal creative brief in region/markets, consistent with global brand foundations, across all forms of medium – print, outdoor, digital, audio, trade, in-store, etc.
- Partner with wholesale and retail teams (including Channel Marketing) to ensure brand and seasonal strategies are effectively achieving business/sales goals and marketing assets are created and distributed to support in season events, activities and sell out objectives.
- In partnership with Global Marketing and regional Creative Studio, lead the development, adaptation, and design of regionally relevant marketing communications materials that are consistent with brand guidelines, seasonal objectives and on strategy for consumer targets. This includes seasonal GTM materials, regional messaging for consumer communication touchpoints including commercial channels (DTC & wholesale).
- Lead the development and execution of Clarks consumer event and engagement programs within the U.S. – including, but not limited to in-market product launches, in-store events, brand campaign activations, media partner events, etc.
- 10-15 years of relevant experience in a multi-channel, retail/wholesale consumer products marketing environment with a focus on building brand and commercial success across many markets/regions
- 5-7 years in a senior management position
- Proven people management and team building experience
- Experience working on established global consumer brands
- Managed all aspects of agency relationships – PR, Media, Creative
- Proven experience in all areas of the marketing mix, including retail, wholesale and ecommerce
- Experience in matrix, global organization
- Experience overseeing a creative development process to deliver marketing activities and materials across a wide variety of markets and media
- Experience developing strategy, developing and driving brand strategies
- Experience influencing outcomes on broad strategic issues
- Experience influencing senior management
- Experience and knowledge of consumer and retail marketing principles and business drivers
- Brand Development and marketing to all consumer types