1. Create and maintain safe and positive work environment, adhering to all DOT and OSHA guidelines and proper housekeeping practices
2. Manage each operational area to meet the required daily production/volume requirements as outlined in the daily Master Schedule. Direct Leads in prioritizing the use of the available staff to meet all goals and priorities on the Master Schedule.
3. Assist with and adheres to all budgetary requirements and metrics.
4. Control load factors and flow of work to ensure maximum use of available capacity and effective use of labor, tools, and equipment to ensure timely processing and shipping of customer orders.
5. Drive and accurately report key operational measurements per management and facility parameters; safety, inventory, cost, productivity, efficiency, fulfilment, on-time delivery & quality.
6. Recommend changes in procedures to improve the operating efficiency of the logistical team. Actively support and encourage the submission, evaluation and trialling of Continuous Improvement principles and ideas within their areas.
7. Ensure associates remain engaged and productive by consistent, positive interaction with all associates. Behavioral issues are addressed expediently within company policy and state and federal compliance.
8. Resolve staff issues, and provide daily feedback to staff, and conduct annual performance evaluations of staff.
9. Ensure proper staff time and attendance; monitor daily/weekly as required.
10. Coordinate all maintenance and training activities and requirements within the guidelines and best practices
11. Provide feedback to management during performance evaluations and one on one conversations
12. Ensure associates follow Standard Work Instructions and adhere to company policies, productivity standards, regulations, DOT and OSHA standards
13. Visibly support operation by spending 80% of time on the operational floor.
14. Back up Operations Manager as requested.
1. Associate safety is priority and efforts are taken to ensure safe and positive work practices are happening within the shift and all environmental, DOT and OSHA and other Safety guidelines and proper housekeeping practices are followed.
2. Associate staffing is appropriate as required to meet all daily production requirements. Schedules are adjusted as required to meet customer requirements. Company goals are met or exceeded including achievement of all required KPI’s.
3. Budgetary requirements and metrics are met.
4. Capacity is maximized, and flow of work reflects an effective use of labor, tools and equipment resulting in the timely processing/shipment of customer orders.
5. Key operational measurements are provided daily including safety, productivity, efficiency, fulfilment, on-time delivery & quality through required reporting formats (Pulse, Shift Handover, etc).
6. Recommendations are made in processes and practices to improve the overall efficiency of the Hanover Center Operation and Logistics Team.
7. Engagement among Hanover Center associates is high reflecting a commitment to achieving the goals and objectives set to meet all of our customer service and stakeholder requirements.
8. Staff issues are resolved in an expedient and effective manner; feedback is provided to maintain associate engagement; performance is monitored and feedback provided through annual appraisal programs and one to one sessions with associates.
9. Payroll reporting, staffing, and other attendance/payroll reporting and verifications are monitored, managed, and submitted in an efficient and timely manner.
10. All maintenance and training activities and requirements are completed within the guidelines and best practices
11. Actively participates in feedback to management during performance evaluations and one on one conversations
12. Associates follow Standard Work Instructions and adhere to company policies, productivity standards, regulations, DOT and OSHA standards
13. Presence on the floor ensures team is supported.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Management preferred
• HC processes and procedure knowledge preferred
• Basic employment/regulatory/safety compliance awareness
• WMS and general logistics operational knowledge
• Automated logistics technology knowledge preferred
• 3-5 years logistics experience.
• 1-3 years leadership experience