The Inventory Planner will analyze, and execute inventory forecasts across three seasons, managing products through the lifecycle ensuring that inventory, is in alignment with the company budget and quarterly finance forecasts.
1. Collaborate with Wholesale and Retail Planning teams to support demand forecasts to create a supply forecast that fit within company receipt budget and factory capacities with in factory lead times.
· Maintain Demand Manger Planning System consensus forecast at an article level which sends time phased Available To Promise signal to Customer Service and an Factory Purchase Plan signal to Supply Chain.
· Analyze historical inventory cycles and distribution channels.
· Adapt and react to market trends during each bi weekly forecast cycle.
· Review demand forecast reports at account and channel distribution levels.
· Deliver to Supply Planning bi weekly factory purchase plans for current buying season that fit within factory capacity and targeted receipt plans.
· Support new ideas, processes and be open to change as we find better ways to reduce inventory while still servicing our customers and aligning to company receipt plans.
· Share best practices and communicate information as needed
2. Responsible for executing bi-weekly factory purchase order placement, including:
· Creating bi weekly purchase orders and managing SKU profiles;
· Analyzing customer orders at the SKU level to ensure proper inventory balance and agreement with the consensus forecast
· Manage Offline Purchase Orders
· Plan and execute Direct Ship Po process in collaboration with customer service and supply planning.
o Bundle by factory, container minimums and account transit times.
3. Responsible for creating the Retail Purchase Orders.
· Work with Merchandise Planning and Store Allocations team to insure size runs and system forecast match.
· Trouble shoot PO Entry issues based on article readiness and master data creation.
4. Support Pre Season Planning maintaining time phased program level placeholders.
· Within Demand Planning System create historical time phased plans to support seasonal Assortment Plan totals to send preliminary capacity requirements to Supply Planning
5. Cross Functional weekly supply review with Supply Planning, Demand Allocations and Inventory Planning teams to determine if improvement can be made to support demand supply mismatches.
· Monitor in season available inventory to insure targeted stock and replenishment styles reflect correct available picture in SAP. Work with cross functional teams to trouble shoot CTP pictures.
6. Responsible for ensuring the integrity of the data in the system, including buffer stock setting, color/size/width profiles, planning, forecasting and product life cycle flags to support seasonal assortment plans.