- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The Assistant Merchandiser is responsible for assisting the Director Merchandising in the management of the product throughout it’s lifecycle, through a clear understanding of our product strategies, offerings and performance, as well as, our competitors trading strategies.
- To be a competitor expert, having a clear understanding of our competitor product, pricing and trading plans.
- Manage and update Line Sheets to distribute to the Sales team.
- Daily maintenance of Assortment tools.
- Creatively present competitor findings to the wider Merchandising team.
- Develop strong cross functional relationships and manage the provision of product information and communication materials to store operations, marketing, planning, and product teams.
- Manage in-season trading performance contributing to monthly meetings and work with Merchandising team to capture lessons learned.
- Works proactively to ensure business objectives are achieved through best possible marketing strategies.
- Request and maintain sample coordination for trade meetings, sales meetings and presentations.
- Set up Showrooms for account meetings.
- Provide support to the Director of Merchandising in the creation of key documents.
- Assist with store planning team on new arrivals and distribution strategy.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Passion for product
- Understanding of Visual Merchandising
- Understanding of consumer behaviours and trends
- Communications Skills
- Excel (pivot and v look ups are essential) and Power Point
- Proven success working in a retail environment (preferred)
- Footwear /Apparel experience (preferred)