- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to ensure accurate processing and recording of company’s payroll, provide timely and accurate financial information, and participate in daily data entry payroll processing for 3100+ employees. The Payroll Specialist will process weekly and biweekly payrolls both for US, Puerto Rico and Canada. They will enter timesheets, changes, and approvals and conduct research, support and customer service for all aspects of the business with emphasis on Retail.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is interested in learning payroll/HR or is looking to start their career out and learn and grow within a great HR organization!
- Processes and keys employee changes, new hires, terminations for Clarks Americas employees in Payroll/HR system which includes multiple states in the United States, Puerto Rico, Canada, as well as local Group function employees for 5 separate pay groups.
- Monitors and audits time and attendance system.
- Manages Manager Self Service workflow in portal for field transactions requiring payroll approval to ensure that all transactions are processed accurately and timely.
- Ensure employee time and imports into Payroll/HR system for pay.
- Communicates issues in regards to retail system and time and attendance. Ensures vacation is paid out accurately and timely in accordance with policy.
- Run weekly reports out of Payroll/HR system, time and attendance system, and financial system.
- Imports files for vacation, annual reviews, Rapid Pay, etc. for efficient load of large data.
- Provides communication to whole Americas employee base of 4,000+ employees regarding payroll inquiries and issues.
- Coordinates and processes special payments and off-cycle checks with Payroll Manager.
- Trains, supports, and provides customer service for all systems affecting pay.
- Monthly/quarterly reporting to governmental agencies as required by law.
- Establish proper jurisdictional tax set up for all employees.
- Establish accurate garnishment set up for employees.
- Monitor intercompany IT ticket application and clear out payroll tickets assigned for new hire and terminations on a daily basis.
- Calculates specific final pay for terminations according to jurisdictional, state, and federal law.
- 1-3 years of payroll experience preferred but not required
- High School Diploma required
- Knowledge of the payroll process and ADP system preferred
- Payroll industry standards
- Multi-state tax knowledge
- Compliance knowledge in legislature and regulations surrounding payroll wage and hour law
- MS Excel and Word proficiency
- Speak and write English; solid communication both phone and written
- Problem solve
- Ability to work as a team