1. Responsible for assuring a safe work environment and shift compliance with company safety policies and practices.
2. Manage the shift operation to ensure each operational area meets the required daily production/volume requirements as outlined in the daily Master Schedule. Direct area managers in prioritizing the use of the available staff to meet all goals and priorities on the Master Schedule.
3. Ensure excellent continuity and consistency across all shifts through information shared at shift transition meetings and with handover reports. Maintain effective communications/collaboration with peers to ensure smooth transitions during shift changes. Ensure that all teams receive a daily brief at start of shift, and that the messages within are consistent.
4. Partner with Maintenance to assure that machinery, cranes, shuttles, and automated systems are fully operational, ensuring errors, concerns or issues are identified and rectified.
5. Responsible for assessing the training and development needs of the shift and partnering with the training managers to provide needed training. Also responsible for assuring that proper cross-training is taking place to provide the flexibility to move associates from department to department as needed including induction of new associates and temporary staff.
6. Coach and mentor the area managers and staff to ensure they are fulfilling their roles with appropriate results and in the correct manner.
7. Ensure associates remain engaged and productive by consistent, positive interaction with all associates. Behavioral issues are addressed expediently within company policy and state and federal compliance.
8. Actively support and encourage the submission, evaluation and trialing of Continuous Improvement principles and ideas within their shift.
9. Visibly support area managers and operatives by spending at least 75% of their time on the floor of the HC.
• High School Diploma or equivalent required
• Bachelor’s degree in Logistics or Management preferred
• HC processes and procedure knowledge preferred
• Basic employment/regulatory/safety compliance awareness
• WMS and general logistics operational knowledge
• Automated logistics technology knowledge preferred
• 5-8 years of logistics experience including supervisory/management experience
• Outstanding communication skills
• Excellent leadership ability
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel
• Decision Making
• Ability to interact with all areas of the business
• Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
• People and relationship building skills
• Demonstrated leadership qualities that model Clarks values
• Customer centric focus
• High performance leader
• Handling multiple priorities effectively