- Role Title:
- Job Advert Description
The Credit & Collection Analyst will be responsible for the collection of Clarks America's wholesale customers; third party wholesale debts, and minimizing credit risk and bad debt while allowing the company to achieve maximum sales and profitability. Key activities; pursuing debts, credit assessment within credit policy and credit insurance regulations, release of credit blocked orders, reconciliation of payments, ageing of debt and query resolution. The Credit & Collection Analyst will also ensure compliance with Credit Insurance policy, Global Group Credit Policy, controls, regulations and service level agreements.
- The collection of Clarks third party wholesale debts
- Consistent monitoring of individual third party customers exposure and evaluation of credit risk
- The daily maintenance and release of credit blocked orders
- Responsible for ensuring all queries re open, overdue billing documents or debit notes are resolved. Reconciliation of third party customer payments to Account Receivable open items
- Ensure operation and compliance within company Group Credit Policy, processes, controls, regulations and service level agreements, in respect of Credit Management.
- Ensure operation and compliance within Credit Insurance Contractual Regulations
- Production of Credit Management reports i.e.; debtor reports, forecasting debtor/sales analysis, debit/credit note analysis etc.
- Proactively identifying and highlighting issues, concerns to manager as they occur with regards to overdue debt, potential bad debt, unacceptable credit risk etc.
- Understanding and preparation of credit security documents: letters of credit, bank guarantees etc.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or Finance
- Prior experience with SAP
- General understanding of accounting principles
- Computer literacy including advanced MS suite
- 3+ years previous credit control experience in a large company
- Solid organizational, communication and follow through skills
- Accountability and attention to detail
- Influencing & negotiation
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Prioritization, multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Work independently and cross-functionally with all levels of management