The purpose of this role is to provide communications expertise and event support for the Logistics group in Hanover through effective internal communications strategies, plans and messaging. Link local communication strategy to regional and global communication strategy. Deliver and deploy regional and global messaging. Coordinate with group and regional communication partners to ensure communications are created with consistent brand message, and the look and feel are incorporated into all internal communications.
1. Develop and design strategic communications that inform, educate, motivate and engage internal audiences.
2. Develop and design communication plans that are thorough and effective; ensure that there is preparation, clear delivery and levels of impact (across all levels of associates) are understood prior to the launch of a communication.This includes supporting the preparion for/delivery of regional employee events.
3. Develop, manage and execute the Americas Logistics group change management communications and internal communication strategy, tools and templates. Work closely with the Hanover Center leadership team to ensure the development and execution of function/workstream change and communications plans and activities.
4. Explore creative new ways to reach and engage associates through meaningful events, new communications channels, strategies and benchmarking. Drive employee engagement throughout Hanover through innovative tools and surveys including coordinating Hanover’s participation in global engagement activities.
5. Work with regional communication teams to develop and deliver stakeholder communications plan, which are regularly reviewed as part of any project lifecycle and maintains awareness of function/workstream stakeholder activity.
6. Provide internal communications counsel to senior management, enhancing their ability to effectively use internal communications with employees to help achieve business objectives. Offer recommendations on internal communications strategy, content, schedules and deliverables.
7. Serve as a communications advisor and resource for the operation and other internal groups.
8. Ensure the brand identity and style is messaged in all internal communications developed and used within the Hanover Center while working within the context of regionally defined tools, templates, guidelines and branding.
9. Facilitate better two-way communication as it relates to the logistics group throughout the organization by gathering feedback on organizational communications and channel effectiveness.
10. Write and/or coordinate materials such as news stories, talking points, Q&A’s, newsletters, and logistics presentations for internal use. Identify topics in Hanover for regional and global employee communications and coordinate input from key Hanover stakeholders. Prepare occasional employee communications that will be shared regionally and globally.
11. Develop and maintain a working knowledge of employee communications best practices, and make recommendations for practical, creative solutions we can apply to our business.
12. Be a conduit between Human Resources, the Management team and Associates for employee engagement interaction and other critical communication/connection programs.
13. Other functions, projects, and tasks as required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, and/or English preferred
• Knowledge of the principles and practice of planning and implementing an internal communications strategy within a large global business
• Change Management Approaches and Methodologies Successful Experience:
• 2-5 years or more of internal communications, learning or organizational development experience in a global organization preferred
• Experience of working on business programs with a high-level of change management activity and a particular focus on organizational transformation
• Experience of building relationships with stakeholders, influencing them on the importance of change management and communication plans
• Demonstrated ability to design and execute ideas: plan, develop, communicate, benchmark, track, measure, etc.
• Ability to consult with internal clients on communications options and outline communications plans in order to help ensure desired results
• Experience in leading and completing multiple projects on deadline Technical Skills:
• Change Management Communications
• Stakeholder, Communication and Engagement Management
• Project management
• Strategic thinking
• Cross functional working
• Relationship building skills to allow partnership development with internal employees
• Proven internal client credibility
• Ability to influence Competencies (Behaviors):
• Business Leadership
• Managing Ambiguity
• Communicating and Influencing
• People Management and Leadership Skills
• Facilitation and negotiation skills
• Written/verbal, editing communication and presentation skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong organizational skills