1. Provide knowledgeable and balanced guidance and advice on HR policies and procedures to operational line managers which are in line with Company policy and legislation, balance risk, and adhere to best practices at all times.
2. Establish key relationships and work with line managers to ensure effective management of employee lifecycle events; coaching and influencing where required and working to raise line manager capability in managing these events. Escalate situations as appropriate as well as capability themes to the local HR Leadership.
3. Responsible for all recruitment activities within the Hanover Center facility including work with local agencies to fill our temporary labor requirements.
4. Responsible for providing transactional level support for the delivery of initiatives, projects and organizational changes. Provide day to day support on disciplinary, grievance and general employee relations matters. Escalate ER issues or themes as applicable to the local HR Leadership and utilize the wider HR team as necessary. Take responsibility for all necessary documentation and administrative follow up for ER caseload.
5. Work with legal counsel and external advisors in obtaining advice when appropriate or as directed by the local HR Leadership.
6. Work with Line managers to pro-actively mitigate unemployment claims, work with outside agency to ensure all current claims are responded to and brought to successful conclusion. Appeal claims that are approved based on invalid or incorrect information. As Custodian of Records, prepare for and attend relevant UC hearings, ensuring proper witness attendance and documentation is prepared and reviewed by all witnesses in advance.
7. Pro-actively offer guidance to line managers in controlling employee absence. Work with the Benefits Team to collate and channel any appropriate medical administration consistent with HIPAA. Escalate any complicated situations to the local HR Leadership/Generalist to seek an appropriate resolution.
8. Act as a brand and culture ambassador at all times.
9. Actively seek feedback from business areas on all aspects of HR policy, and transactional processes and procedures in order to feed into process improvement.
• Best practice in HR processes and procedures and all existing policies and associated administration
• Current and forthcoming legislation (employment and others) impacting on areas of activity • Bachelor’s Degree in HR, Business Administration or related area preferred
• PHR or SHRM-CP certification preferred
• Thorough knowledge of all Federal, State and Local employment law is required
• Thorough knowledge of OSHA and Workplace Safety requirements
• Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio) proficient
• HRIS systems (payroll, lifecycle, position management, ATS, etc.)
• 3+ years’ experience in HR
• Experience at some level with recruitment, employee relations, training, and administrative elements of HR
• Management of people related impacts during organizational change
• Stakeholder management
• Ability to impartially advocate for company and customers, to deliver mutually beneficial results
• Ability to provide clear direction
• Interpersonal and facilitation
• Balanced problem solving
• Decision making
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Organizational skills
•Analyzing data and using information to recommend changes
• Ability to follow through on deliverables and meet objectives and deadlines
• Ability to establish creditability, high levels of trust and confidence
• Ability to take initiative and work independently
• Ability to maintain composure and manage conflict situations in a professional and calming manner
• Ability to conduct thorough investigations
• Team player, goal-oriented
• Time management
• Ability to handle and maintain confidential employee information
Every 60 seconds, 105 pairs of Clarks shoes are sold globally. That makes us a £1.6 billion business and a truly worldwide brand. We now have some 15,000 employees across 75 different countries – everywhere from Europe to the Americas. Despite being the world’s biggest everyday footwear brand (by sales volume), we’re still owned by the Clarks family and based in Street, Somerset, UK– where the Clarks business began. Street is the nerve center of our business, driving growth and the whole Clarks success story. And right now, we’re busy writing the next chapter. With a constant search for new and better ways to work, innovation’s set to play a big part in our future.