Indirect Tax Manager
- Role Title:
Indirect Tax Manager
- Job Advert Description
Clarks is looking for a Manager of Indirect Tax who will manage compliance, audit and research activities for sales and use tax and personal property tax.
- Manage sales and use tax compliance, research and plan for sales tax topics to minimise non-compliance, over/under payment and avoid financial penalties and inspections. Ensure appropriate sales tax rates maintained and reflected in tax compliance software.
- Manage sales and use tax and personal property tax audits to minimise risk and reduce proposed assessment
- Oversee filing of personal property tax returns to ensure the business its meeting it tax obligations accurately and on time
- Implement satisfactory controls and implements and maintain tax software to ensure effective processes and data integrity
- Optimise tax efficiency and identify possible tax savings
- Understand and address tax legislation changes to ensure continued tax compliance and early identification of opportunities to minimise tax costs
- Manage projects related to sales tax issues as they arise including issues involving POS and ecommerce applications to ensure tax implications are understood and built into any solutions
- Recommend and implement changes to tax systems, formal procedures, processes, and administration of tax services to drive improvement to current and future ways of working in line with agreed outcomes
- Tax / accounting qualification and significant experience in a corporate organisation
- Good experience of sales and use tax and personal property tax
- Good research skills particularly in the area of sales and use tax issues
- Good management and financial accounting knowledge
- Good understanding of the business operations and processes to ensure tax opportunities are maximised and tax costs minimised
- Strong accounting and SAP business system knowledge
- Excellent report writing, correspondence and negotiation skills
- Experience of direct dealing and negotiation with tax authorities.
- Experience of working autonomously on multiple projects and to deadlines.
- Strong analytical and economic analysis skills for data interpretation.
- Strong influencing and relationship building skills