To reduce downtime of the Automated Storage and Retrieval System cranes by finding a solution to errors created by either mechanical or electrical errors encountered by those cranes or related conveyors. This operator will be trained and certified to clear all errors and maintain the work area, as to reduce downtime and improve crane availability. Housekeeping in the crane areas will also be required.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Understanding of cause and effect troubleshooting procedures.
• 1-3 years industrial maintenance experience helpful.
• Must have a mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of machinery and mechanical systems. Previous work with machines or a maintenance background would be a plus.
• Experience operating personal computers using Microsoft windows based operating system.
• Technical Skills:
• Operation of portable computers using Microsoft windows based operating system.
• Have a willingness to learn about computer controlled machinery and robotics equipment. Will be trained on Knapp and TGW equipment.
• Must have ability to climb ladders up to 85 feet and lift cases weighing up to 55 pounds repetitively.
• Competencies (Behaviours):
• Ability to work independently as well as under direction of Maintenance Leadperson.
• Communication skills.
• “Get the job done right the first time” mentality.
• “Safety First” work ethic.
• Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtesy.
• Adaptability to work with other members of the maintenance team. • Willingness to work overtime as needed.