Territory Manager, Eastern Ontario
- Role Title:
Territory Manager, Eastern Ontario
- Job Advert Description
Clarks is looking for a Territory Manager to cover the Eastern Ontario area in Canada! The Territory Manager, will be responsible for maximizing existing business while opening new accounts, developing business plans, and expanding and maintaining excellent customer relationships. The TM will also work closely with Sales and Marketing to increase sales revenue with independent retailers throughout their territory.
- Responsible for the development of company sales strategy for independent accounts, Escalate ideas for continued development as appropriate as well as noticeable themes for opportunity to the National Sales Director – Independent Accounts.
- Responsible for the development of the line strategy that supports business strategy.
- Responsible for planning budgets for independent accounts to identify opportunities for growth and profit improvement. Analyze and track revenue and profit budget associated with account structure.
- Broadens the customer base within the region through effective rapport building with existing and established key customers and distributors.
- Conduct individual and group sales presentations with potential new accounts to increase sales.
- Plan and recommend the assortment and depth of each program.
- Roll up financial plans with all components of sales, markdowns, receipts, turn and margin.
- Plan style selling by month to maximize performance and minimize markdowns and RTV’s.
- Track, analyze and react in season to plans put in place.
- Provide accurate sales forecast to ensure availability of product that match’s the account product assortment needs and quantities and the account profits to budget.
- Maximize the use of advertising and promotional programs with each account, keeping consistent with Clarks Sales and Marketing initiatives.
- Provide prompt, efficient handling of account inquiries and issues.
- Provide the account with a strategy and in partnership management throughout the season to deliver to both the account and Clarks goals.
- Deliver the right product to each customer based on the account consumer profile by guiding the sales team in inventory planning to maximize key items and balance assortments that match our brand image.
- Ensure a partnership with independent account vendors based on being highly involved in the running of each account, knowing the opportunities in the business and the account and segregating product to allow for account exclusives and assortments that are unique to each account type.
- Responsible for setting up each independent account in an organized process and managing the business in a way that allows greater efficiency and effectiveness.
- Outstanding service to our customers.
- Communications with the customer as often as needed.
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating on a daily basis all sales results vs. goals.
- Seeking out opportunities that will increase revenue by targeting accounts via product needs.
- Monitor status of delivery schedules to accounts on a daily basis.
- Ensuring the consistent delivery of the brand to the Canadian consumers via independent accounts and that new business is developed within the agreed global brand and merchandising parameters.
- BS Degree in business or related field preferred
- 5-7 years of experience in similar role in retail or outside sales
- Experience in the footwear or fashion industry is an asset
- Flexibility and planning for overnight and weekly travel, including occasional weekends is essential
- Proficient in Microsoft Word & Excel
- Excellent communication and organization skills