Customer Planning Manager
- Role Title:
Customer Planning Manager
- Job Advert Description
The Customer Planning Manager will execute insights, projects and partnerships with HQ, Field teams, and partner retailers that will facilitate long-term growth with existing and new customers. Working in tandem with the Director of Customer Planning and one other counterpart, this position is responsible for delivering best-in-class collaborative customer relationships by using tools & capabilities in retail planning, market insights, long-range customer planning, customer strategy development, and segmentation analysis.
This position produces and analyzes retail data and category insights to enhance Clarks’ ability to demonstrate industry leadership with retail partners, in turn driving category and share growth for them. It is imperative that this position be confident in executing plans and projects that make it easy for other Depts to understand the insights, ultimately creating an appetite for more integration and greater adoption.
- Under direction of Director of Customer Planning, works collaboratively with partners in wholesale sales, Merchandising, and Product teams to use data and insights for planning purposes.
- Administer in-season tracking, recapping, analyzing, reporting and communication of weekly sell-through performance with US Wholesale customers, assortment & style performance, channel of trade trends, and/or emerging market trends. Deliver insights to Clarks in a simple, easy interface that all employees across the company can interpret, remember, and use easily. Escalate insights as well as noticaeable themes for opportunity to the Director of Customer Planning.
- Find, steer and use syndicated data, market, shopper and digital insights to position Clarks’ reputation as industry leader of category management. Advances the organization’s progress within an ‘Insights-based selling’ model.
- Educates Clarks sales teams on how to use insights as a selling asset. Meets training quota as assigned by Director.
- Executes on door-level planning priorities with top customers.
- Contributes to multi-year business plans by customer.
- Participates in inventory planning meetings; contributes trade flow analyses, sell-through insights, and market analytics.
- Manage and run weekly Wholesale meetings bringing current insights to drive actionable insights inside the organization. Attendance includes representatives from all wholesale departments.
- Based on analysis and trending, advises inventory planning teams on appropriate re-order quantities. Communicates chase opportunities to buying teams and retailers.
- Identifies mark-down or cancel liabilities of the future order book.
- Work directly with retailer planners at Key Accounts to create door-level plans. With the Director of Customer Planning, helps position Clarks as the vendor of choice for data and insights sharing, consulting on specific plans and initiatives.
- Uses new tools, capabililites, systems and insights as required.
- Subject matter expert for SPS Commerce and NPD.
- Provide input to Sales forecasting to accommodate end-of-life and/or transition planning.
- Presents at Sales meetings, Line Reviews, and other critical check-points in the seasonsal go-to-market journey.
- BS degree in business or related field preferred
- Minimum 5 years retail merchandise planning or retail buying experience or 5 years experience in wholesale sales handling department store and/or shoe chain accounts
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Data visualization experience (Tableau, PowerBI) preferred
- Proven ability to develop and implement new capabilities with an organization
- Channel and/or customer segmentation experience
- Must possess strong analytical, planning, retail math and communication skills
- Ability to read, understand, analyze and take action on all business reports, both retail & wholesale
- Experience leading strategy planning process
- Must be comfortable presenting to large groups or to management