Commercial Insights Manager
- Role Title:
Commercial Insights Manager
- Job Advert Description
The Commercial Insights Manager will use data insights, reports, projects and partnerships with HQ, sales, and partner retailers to facilitate long-term growth with existing and new customers. Working in tandem with the Commercial Insights team, this position is responsible for supporting best-in-class collaborative customer relationships by using tools & capabilities in retail planning, market insights, long-range customer planning, and customer strategy development. This position identifies and analyzes retail data and category insights to enhance Clarks’ ability to demonstrate industry leadership with retail partners, in turn driving category and share growth for them, as well as internally to influence future range development that leads to profitable growth.
What you will do:
- Under direction of Sr. Director of Commercial Insights, you will work collaboratively with partners in Wholesale sales, Merchandising, and Product teams to use data and insights for planning purposes.
- Deliver insights to Clarks in a simple, easy interface that all employees across the company can interpret, remember, and use easily. Escalate insights as well as noticeable themes for opportunity.
- Find, steer and use syndicated data, market, shopper and digital insights to position Clarks’ reputation as industry leader of category management.
- Educates Clarks sales teams on how to use insights as a selling asset.
- Support the Senior Director in working with retailer planners at key retailers to create door-level plans which helps position Clarks as the vendor of choice for data and insights sharing, consulting on specific plans and initiatives.
- Executes on door-level planning priorities with top customers.
- Support Senior Director for weekly Wholesale meetings, bringing current insights to drive action inside the organization.
- Based on analysis and trending, advises inventory teams and forecasting teams on product lifecycle decisions, transition planning, and reorder potential. Communicates chase opportunities to buying teams and retailers.
- Identifies mark-down or cancel liabilities of the future order book and risks of returns from wholesalers.
- Provides input to Merchandising to inform future range development and market size potential.
- Focus on expanding commercial insights to new channels and additional MCNA accounts.
- Uses new tools, capabilities, systems and insights.
- Minimum 4 years Retail Merchandise Planning or Retail buying experience or 4 yrs experience in wholesale sales handling department store accounts.
- Comfortable presenting to groups or to management
- Creatively to build new reporting solutions
- Proven ability to develop and implement new capabilities with an organization
- Channel and/or customer segmentation experience
- Ability to read, understand, analyze, and take action on all business reports: both Retail and Wholesale
- Strong analytical skills, can develop insights and actions from data
- Strong technical skills include advanced Microsoft Excel
- Data visualization experience, such as Tableau, preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and serve multiple customers
- Strong analytical, planning, retail math and communication skills
- Open to working independently and handling multiple tasks